Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm new on MWO today

Welcome very determined!

I am new to this site too and I feel at home already. I've found tons of great support, helpful ideas and so many people stuggling with alcohol so I don't feel so alone.

So I am glad you are here and wish you success.:welcome:

LM

Comment

I'm new on MWO today

Thank you, Lucky Mom! It is a great place to be right now. I'm not really struggling yet - but I know I will. Its funny how this darn habit of mine has been around for so long. I remember telling myself I should quit 20 years ago. I'd love to say I could drink in moderation, but it doesn't seem to hold true very long. Thanks for the welcome - like I said - I'll be around for awhile.

Comment

I'm new on MWO today

Day 7 AF and still feel very determined and very confident. We had our town celebration today - my husband is up town at the beer garden and I'm home. Very comfortable about that - I might add. I'm going to feel great in the morning - can't say the same for him (don't know). I'll tell you - this is very empowering.

Comment

I'm new on MWO today

Very,

It is empowering, isn't it?

Great attitude. I love it.

:goodjob: and keep it up.

Cindi
          AF April 9, 2016

Comment

I'm new on MWO today

Thank you, Cinder. I appreciate your words of encouragement. This is a great site.

Comment

I'm new on MWO today

Massive congratulations VD, You sound extremely positive. I'm on Day 21, I think I possibly started to get a bit over confident- Then overly concerned about this week (2 diners with girlfriends who are big drinkers) but I'll get through it. One day at a time, theres no point worrying about both now!

Comment

I'm new on MWO today

welcome,very determined, i know how you feel,not a comfortable place,but keep those feelings with you ,you will need them when you are tempted to have a drink,know why you dont want to drink,and keep rembeping it,it helps me not to take that drink/////so far so good////15 days///and soon i hope not to be counting//good luck//will keep in touch

Comment

I'm new on MWO today

Just wanted to welcome you aboard and wish you strength
                  "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

I'm new on MWO today

Thanks Darkie and Seacailin - and eveyone else who is supporting here. I'm on 8 AF - feels great. I hope this very determined feeling stays with me. Here's to a another entire week of AF days.

Comment

I'm new on MWO today

Hi VeryD,
                      Great job on your AF days so far - indeed you are living up to your name!
                      Hope this week goes well too.
                      Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts.
                      AF since May 6, 2010

Comment

I'm new on MWO today

You sound Very Determined - a good positive name for a good positive start. Welcome!
                        Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

I'm new on MWO today

I am just starting out today. I want to live free of the consequences of drinking. I like to drink - I just dont like waking up in ICU with tubes running out of me and not remmebering how I got there.

I am going to shoot for abstinence. I did the AA thing for nearly 20 years and then some cannabis experimentation led me to some win which has led to 7 years of uncontrolled sporadic hell...
                          Andy R:

Comment

I'm new on MWO today

welcome andy r .. so glad to see another newbie. I also am new at this posting thing I am on my 11th day sober after living thru hell for so long I can't remember. And putting my loved ones thru it too. anyway wanted to say welcome !!!

Comment

I'm new on MWO today

this place is so much help. I would be lost without it. I live in a small town and aa was not an option for me did and didn't work for me . three rehabs , many nightmares intil mwo. And I am loving life again .

Comment

I'm new on MWO today

:welcome: andy r & venice beach, good for you for coming here,scroll through the threads and you will see that you are not alone,you could also try the starting out thread witch is a great help. goodluck

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                                I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Working...
                                X