Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Made it through

Hi Everyone,
    So glad to be back home. I missed hearing from you all. I made it through vacation AF. 38 days Af today, Thanks for all of the suport I have not been able to do this in the last 13 years.
    It was an interesting time' I hadn,t realized how many people at the reunion had given up drinking. My brother in law said that he hadn't had a drink in 13 years. He said that he gave it up because it caused him too much trouble.
    There was Al available but I just hung around the non-drinkers and used all of your good suggestions. Just knowing I could post at the end of the trip kept me on track.
    Thanks again
    Sparrow:thanks:

Made it through

Hi Sparrow! Awesome on the 38 days AF!!! I just completed day 5...working on 30 days and then hopefully a lot longer!
    When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.
    -- Franklin D Roosevelt --

Comment

Made it through

Congrats on your 38 days sparrow - that's awesome!
      You must be feeling great and very proud.

Good job on your 5 days My New! Stick with us, the time will go by quicker than you think
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Made it through

Sparrow, how good you must be feeling about yourself now, well done for getting throught it, you did really well.
        :dancin: enguin:
        starting over

Comment

Made it through

Sparrow,

Wow!! Making it through a vacation AF so early in your sobriety is awesome.

:goodjob: and glad you are back and ready to keep going.

Cindi
          AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Made it through

Well done babes

Comment

Made it through

Bravo Sparrow!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Made it through

That's brilliant Sparrow.
                There are a lot of us non-drinkers about. We just tend to not make as much noise.

Comment

Made it through

Popeye - I love your comment - "We just tend to not make as much noise.' Isn't that the truth.

Sparrow - excellent job - I can't wait to be there. Only on day 3! Love reading about these success stories.

Comment

Made it through

Sparrow,
                    Well done on being strong! Glad to know there are lots of other people who have given up drinking. There should be a saying, the opposite of misery love company, like "contentment loves company."
                    Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts.
                    AF since May 6, 2010

Comment

Made it through

Congratulations!!!

I remember reading your posts while on vacation and thinking how in awe I was that you weren't drinking. It's one thing to be going AF, but I think it would be SO hard to do on vacation. Not looking forward to it. Only 4 days AF, so maybe I'll change my mind.

What was it like not drinking on vacation?

Comment

Working...
                      X