anxiety

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anxiety

I am just beginning my journey to conquer my alcohol dependence. I am noticing that when I am alone, I have no trouble limiting my intake to one or two glasses of wine. When I am faced with a social event, my anxiety escalates, and my drinking escalates...any advice?

anxiety

Hello Wild Irish, and a warm welcome to you. I would recommend that you read and read and read as much as you can here, and you will find many folk's dealing with that same situation. There are some other Wild Irish Roses over on 'The Army Thread'. They're a great bunch, and very friendly and welcoming. Also, 'Newbie's nest' thread is great to. Jump in, or just lurk.
    Best wishes.......G.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

anxiety

Welcome WildIrishRosie!

Great to have you here! You'll find lots of support & encouragement on these threads.

I dealt with crippling anxiety/depression before I quit drinking. It was just awful, kept me from doing the things I really wanted to do. I tried Rx antidepressants but didn't do well. I finally found some herbal OTC preparations that did give me some relief. The good news is the anxiety went away entirely when I stopped drinking!

Wishing you the best and please do join us on the 'Newbies Nest' thread!
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
      X