Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whats this about?

Hey everyone,
    I don't know why but the last couple of days I feel like having a drink. I know I really don't want to but the idea keeps popping up in my head. Maybe I'm just bored or stressed out or something.
    I did really good on vacation, what's this all about??
    I know I can count on you guys to talk me out of this.
    Thanks
    Sparrow

Whats this about?

sparrow, how long have you been AF? sometimes when we do really well our brains tell us we need a reward for our efforts or we think "well we did it..so maybe we can just have one". i think its fairly normal to feel that way

Comment

Whats this about?

Cacky
      today is 40 days the longest in 13 years, I wasnt in real big trouble with Al but I was drinking chronically 3 or 4 drinks a day. I have a bad bad family history of alcoholism. I felt like It was getting out of control. In the past whenever I would try to quit as soon as I'd drink one day I couldn't skip any days for like the next year.
      I just want to be done with it. My dad was always a functional drinker but now at 68 he's in serious bad shape.
      Sparrow

Comment

Whats this about?

HI Sparrow!!
        I always think about taking that "last" drink, but for some reason it never turned out that way until I found this site.. Happiness does not come overnight, but this site is worth a try.

:wings:Love, Peace, and Happiness!

Comment

Whats this about?

Have you ever journalled your feelings, ideas, etc. while you were drinking or after you stopped? If you did, now would be a great time to re-read them. And, if not, now would be a great time to write some things down.

Be strong and hang in there.
          AF for two years. Slight relapse. Working on it at the moment.

Comment

Whats this about?

Hi Sparrow...old man Alcohol is playing a trick in your head and telling you..go on just one..you've earned it ! Now I believe that you have to decide..are you going to listen to him ? or are you going to beat him ?

Comment

Working...
            X