Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interested in learning more

Hi All,
    I've been surfing this website for the past few days and am really finding it interesting. I'm starting my 4th day without a drink. The urge to have a drink is not as bad as I thought it might be, but the effects of not not having a drink is. I guess I'm having somewhat mild DT's? Intermitant shakes, sweats and kind of a dull feeling. I'm managing to get through work OK and all, I guess as well as I was hungover. Just have to see how it goes!!! Was thinking of making an appointment with my doctor (which will probably take a month or so) is their a simple fact sheet about this program that I could take to her so she could make an informed decision about perscribing meds etc? If there isn't that'd be helpful. Thanks! Will

I am going into day 2 and it was almost as hard for me to get up this morning as it is when I'm hungover. Had a headache yesterday and weird pain in my back today. Maybe I was just always too buzzed or hungover to realize something was going on...who knows.
    "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

Similar

Yeah same here. Your probaly right its just masking pain that was there or is a general symptom of withdrawl. Good Luck Will

Comment

Hi there,

I'm also fairly new but I think they recommend taking the Lancet article to the Doctor as it is a well known medical text and therefore will get some respect. The article is available on one of the links as is the entire book, available to download on the blogsite for free at the moment, so maybe you could take a few pages printed off too.

I started a few weeks ago and have now on my 18th AF day - first time in years that I like myself and wake up with some self respect - what a great buzz that is!!!!

Wishing everyone well - yesterday is history and tomorrow a mystery as they say......

Comment

Hi Not Powerless -

I also have twins and my best friend's we one has autism so I know a bit about your situation (I saw your other post) hard, hard never ending work but WELLDONE you made it through the first day onto the second ....I started drinking too much way before having the kids but got into a habit of having wine as a reward when I'd packed them off to bed....woke up and drove them in the car the next morning way over the limit....was a complete crab to them and hubby....couldn't wait till they got to bed and started the entirce circle again......what the hell was I thinking about....the sad thing is they are 10 and its a habit that has stuck.

Arcadia

Comment

Working...
          X