Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First timer

Hi all,

First day on My Way Out, and looking forward to it. Reading what you have all written to other people is so inspiring, and I hope that I can get to where a lot of you guys are today.

I am a binge drinker - I don't have to drink every day, but when I do drink I can't stop at just one or two drinks, it's more like 2 bottles (of wine).

I went to the doctor today, to see if he could give me some medication that would stop the cravings, but as my blood pressure is so high, he wants to get that sorted first. Doesn't make sense to me as I think the blood pressure is high cos I drink so much.

I don't know how I will go with abstinence, as I don't think I am quite ready, in my mind, to abstain. I also don't get much support from friends, as when I have a few drinks - I become the life of the party!!

I will try really hard, and hopefully be happier and healthier as a result.

Looking forward to talking to you...:new:

First timer

:welcome: nikinoo you will find great support here no matter what way you go with your drinking,as long as its heading for less intake,there are numurous threads that you can chk out and see where you fit in,even though your welcome anywhere goodluck

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
    I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

First timer

Hi! Nice to meet you. You've found an awesome site. There is a ton of information and experience on the site and here on the different boards. No matter what type of drinker you are/were or where you are in your struggle, you are sure to find support and understanding here.

Looking forward to seeing you on the boards, and best wishes for a happy future.
      AF for two years. Slight relapse. Working on it at the moment.

Comment

First timer

Hi and welcome Nikkinoo!!!
        "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

First timer

Hi Nikkinoo Welcome to MWO!!!

:wings:Love, Peace, and Happiness!

Comment

Working...
          X