There must be a better way

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

:new:I made an ass of myself last night,and my 13 year old daughter watched me stumble up the stairs.This is my first time on here,I hate myself today.

Dear HM,
    Welcome to the world of alcohol. Everyone of us here has been in your position one way or another. Hating yourself is so unproductive. The only thing you can do at this point is try to fix it. Maybe apologize to your daughter and admit that you drank to much. They are much more forgiving then one would think.
    Today is a new day. Dwell neither in the past or the future. You are in a place where everyone understands...
    AF since 2/4/10
    Nicotine free since 3/31/10
    FINALLY FREE

Comment

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!!!! I can't even Say your name.

Change it! I'm not sure how you can do it - you may have to "re-sign up"... but REALLY. You cannot think of yourself that way.

I don't care if you use your dog's name - but Please don't use that name ANYMORE.

It's wrong.

I feel strong about this! (Can you tell?)
      Sometimes you have to take the leap and build your wings on the way down... Anais Nin

Comment

Shiraz and savon are right - if that's the worst thing you've ever done then I should be calling myself Slicing-my-eyes-out-with-burning-razors-despising Myself! Not today though, cos I'm sober

Welcome though, you're in the right place if you want to change what you're doing now and start living more positively. Great that you found this place and if you tell us more about how your life had been and where it has got to right now, I know we'll all try to help.
        Recovery Coaching website

"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." - Carl Bard wl:

Recovery Videos

Comment

Hi HM,
          firstly, welcome to you.
          We have all been there I think, time to put things right by the sounds of it. You can you know. A plan is helpful and you will get lots of support here.
          Yes, good idea to change the name
          Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
          Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

hi there and welcome .. dont beat yourself up .. you just made the right move by coming here and trying to help yourself .. now dont look back learn from what you did and how you feel .. it will all change.. it just take time and that what you have .. just do it for yourself and they will see that you want to love yourself and then in return .. love them .. so just do your best ..come here read post your thoughts and learn a way to for live the life that you want .. stay strong and keep positive

ps keep the name and learn that you can change it and the outcome of life
            :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
            best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Rog, you are pure inspiration. Thankyou. Hatin, stop hatin and love you and the good in your life and try to do better is all. No expert but self loathing is well, just that. Find the positive and it will come back at ya, my experience. Your kids love you with all your complications, they have them too. We are all human.Love oneanother and communicate and thanks for joining, We, [I] need you!One rule for me? Do three things nice for some one else each day, however small and the first thought is Thankyou God as I wake and I keep saying thanks all day and also I am sorry. Takes the focus off "me".

Comment

Hey hate...i agree change your name. start lovin yourself. im hating myself today too. im alling in self pity because i have gotten myself in such debt and may have to ask my hubby for money today....but im sober so that's just great welcome

Comment

You are HERE! This place will help you a lot. Please stay and chat with us.

Comment

Hello again HM, glad you posted, did you manage to download the book? Do keep in touch and just ask if you have any questions or need any help with anything at all.
                    Keep safe
                    KTAB
                    Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Hi there.

Most of us have been in your position.
                      You can't change the past, but you can make the future a brighter one.
                      Good luck to you, and, er, change your name.

Comment

Hi H.Myself .. nice to meet you. Welcome to the site - you've found a great place. Believe me, we can relate to how you feel. It s*cks, but you can use it to turn things around. Don't hate yourself. Instead, hate AL(cohol) and alcoholism. Hate it enough to want it out of your life.

As for yourself, please be proud of being such a caring person. You're here and you want to change your life for the better .. for you and for your family. What a wonderful thing it is to care.

Take some time and read through the site and different message boards. Read all that you can, and post as often as you like. You're in the right place.

You can do this. You deserve to have a happy future.

((hugs))

Oh .... and I agree .. name change! (And let us know what you changed it to .. so we can say hi again)

See you on the boards!
                        AF for two years. Slight relapse. Working on it at the moment.

Comment

Welcome to you! You are in great company.:welcome::l
                          When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.
                          -- Franklin D Roosevelt --

Comment

Please don't beat yourself up! It is the alcohol who you should take your anger out on. You know the enemy. I am glad you are here and wish you so much luck in making the change that you show you want to. There is nothing you can do about what happened in the past - but the future is yours for the taking. Good luck. I hope to hear from you again soon...under a different name!! take care

Comment

Working...
                            X