Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

61 days, WOW, do I have a story for you...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well done Joe and Steve thanks for sharing your storys.

Comment

Joe,

You are so darn inspiring!

I wanted to pass along something my niece told me years ago when she was only 5...FIVE...years old;

My BF had recently dumped me. My niece and I were hanging out and she asked about him. I told her we were no longer dating and she asked me "why?". I told her that he must have felt there was somebody better out there for him. Without skipping a beat she said, "That's okay Auntie because if there's someone better out there for him then there's somebody better out there for you too."

And you know what? She was right! I am SO happy I didn't end up with him!

It sounds like you are in a really good place to meet someone special!

Comment

Congrats joe,

There's a lucky lady out there somewhere. Take you time and take care of yourself. your story is an inspiration to us all!!

Sparrow

Comment

having some problems

All was going well when I started the program a month ago. Feeling great and controlling my drinking like a "normal social drinker". I was up to 25mg Topamax in the am and 50mg in the afternoon, when I got a terrible case of the runs (diarreha) and so I backed down on the dose. I am now totally off the Topamax and trying to get my system back to normal. Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated as I loved how it worked when I was on it. I am still doing the hypnosis, Kudzu and vitimans but the cravings are returning. Yanni

Comment

Yanni, i would like to say to invite you to just look at things differently. ask your self what belief are you carrying around that convinces you that you have cravings? if you do have the idea of cravings look at it like the addiction is dyeing, the worse the craving, the closer to death the little monster is. imagine what you would be like, what would you feel if you were in total control. keep the picture of total freedom in your mind, plant it like a seed and let it grow. i know that if you want to change something in your life you have to change your belief about that something. i changed my belief from ' i need my wine' to 'the wine is killing me, and i'm in charge and the wine (or any alcohol) has no more power over me than the power i give it
            i can only say this to you because that's what i did. and today is day 65 of total sobriety and i'm loving every second of it...
            i'm always here for you..
            Joe

Comment

Hi Newjoe

Congratulations on your 65th !! Your case sounds very like mine. What comes over in your posts is enthusiasm and I believe that you have tackled your problem in much the same way as I am doing. I am currently on day 21 AF and like you, I just decided that I had had enough of the drunkenness, and aches and pains, but above all, I decided that I wanted to take back control of my life. I believe that you are like me in that I am laughing at the mild cravings that I get from Alcohol withdrawal. By doing so, those cravings go away much quicker. The little voice in my head knows that it cannot beat my determination and will power so it gives up very quickly. I have alcohol all around me and I still do not give in ! My social life has not suffered either. There are so many decent alternatives out there, however I do suggest keeping away from the really sugary alternatives. I keep a bottle of diluted apple cider vinegar by me all the time. It tastes foul to start with, but if I get a small craving, I take a swig of that stuff. Craving over !! One question for you..did you find that the longer you went without a drink, the easier it got ? I would be interested to hear your experience on that subject. In the meantime, I hope we can both continue to enjoy our new lives. I also want to be able to help other people on this site to achieve sobriety. I'm sure that like me, you could not have achieved this without the help from this site....all the best.Keep it up

Comment

Working...
              X