Disgusted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disgusted

I am so sick and tired of drinking. I have really been doing pretty well since I have found this site. I read the posts and this has really kept me in check with how much I am drinking. I am taking L-Glut and Kudzu and it really seems to help.

Last night my husband asked me to go to the store and get him a bottle of Jack Daniels, he said he only wanted 2 drinks. I have been trying to get him to cut down and he seems willing. Ya, right. So anyway for some reason I drank with him. Bad choice, we ended up drinking the whole bottle. I am pissed at him and myself. I don't necessarily want to quit drinking all together, I would rather moderate. I do not want to sit and get smashed every night like we were doing. I do not want to over indulge period.

We are going to a party tonight and I will be drinking Beck's non alcoholic beer. I don't give a rats ass what he drinks.

Disgusted

sparkleAZ;679401 wrote: I am so sick and tired of drinking .... I am pissed at him and myself .... I do not want to sit and get smashed every night .... I don't give a rats ass what he drinks.
    Take that attitude and use it! It was when I got angry enough with AL, and with my behaviour, that I fought my way out of the alcoholic prison I had put myself in. Keep that feeling and run with it ... Look after you, and maybe DH will see the positive change (or even be jealous of it, as you do other things while he sits and drinks) and join you in giving up AL.

Enjoy that party tonight! And if everyone else is drinking, it will be interesting to observe how much and how they "change" as the evening goes along. Fun!
    AF for two years. Slight relapse. Working on it at the moment.

Comment

Disgusted

:welcome: sparkle az,There is great help here for you with people you can relate to,check out the different threads and drop in anywhere anytime. There is a moderation thread which you might be interested in and also a starting out one.I would thing you going down to the off licence to get your husbands drink would not be doing you any good,maybe he does not want you to stop,At the beginning everybody is afraid of change,even if its for the good,hope tro see you around :goodjob:

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
      I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Disgusted

You will Sparkle Sober!!!
        An Improved Ripple. :monalisa:

Comment

Disgusted

Hello Sparkle
          Great attitude. Anger can be a great motivator for positive change. Becks is my favorite beer, so I am glad that they have made an AF version. Stay strong. Best wishes.
          "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Disgusted

You go, girl! Keep strong and know we are all here for you.
            Toughen up!

Comment

Disgusted

Thanks everybody, I really appreciate it!

Comment

Disgusted

Well ok, maybe it was 1.5 beers but that's ok.

Comment

Working...
                X