Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

75 full days AF. Sober, happy, healthy, and.. in love?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seventy-six days ago I awoke sometime past noon with another horrible hangover. There was nothing particularly different or special about this one - in fact, it was a pretty normal start to the weekend for me. My head pounded as a crawled out of bed and headed for the bathroom. I turned on the faucet, doused my face in water, and gulped a pint or two of the ice-cold liquid from my already shaking hands. When I finally opened my eyes, I realized the man I saw in the mirror was no longer someone that I respected. In fact, he was barely someone I even recognized.

I decided right there and then that I was going to change, and I promised myself that I would not drink alcohol ever again.

Seventy-six days later, I'm thrilled to report that I have kept that promise to myself. As a result, it's not an exaggeration to say that my life has turned around 180 degrees. I have a new job, new friends, newfound health, self-respect, self-esteem, passion for life and -- the icing on the cake -- a wonderful new woman in my life.

Staying strong,
    --Steve

Fantastic, well done. It's great to hear stories such as yours when you're just starting out, very inspiring, thanks.
    I love you, I'm sorry, please forgive me, thank you.

Comment

Happy days DD that is just awesome. Less than a week ahead AF timewise myself, it is truly a different world sober.
      Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Bravo Steve. Stay well.

Comment

Congratulations Steve, you've done so well!
          I remember when you started, you did seem quite determined, good for you.
          I'm so glad that everything is looking up for you, you deserve the best!

Wishing you continued success
          Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Wow Steve! What a turnaround. It almost sounds like a fairytale -- one I wish I'd experience...

Guess I know where to start!
            Sometimes you have to take the leap and build your wings on the way down... Anais Nin

Comment

This is fantastic Steve, well done!
              Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
              Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

:wd::rockon: That is wonderful Steve. You are a power of example.
                "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Steve !! Way to go ... you are such an inspiration! Congratulations on what you've achieved ... and tons of wishes for continued happiness!
                  AF for two years. Slight relapse. Working on it at the moment.

Comment

Major congrats Steve! Wow! How did you do it? I marvel at what you have said here. Please do share your secret if you are so inclined.
                    ^ My Baby Ruby ^

Comment

Congratulations Steve. You are doing great!

Winefree

Comment

Congratulations Steve you are doing a great job, keep it up
                        :dancin: enguin:
                        starting over

Comment

awesome job very well done .. keep up the great work .. it only gets better and better
                          :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
                          best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Another one kicking AL's Butt! Way to go Steve!

Everything I need is within me!

Comment

You are a source of inspiration

Comment

Working...
                              X