Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello again

Hi everyone

I just thought I would re-introduce myself! I joined this site over a year ago but haven't been posting a lot. To all the newcomers this really is a fantastic site and I never keep away very long I'm always reading the threads they are very inspiring.

Since I joined I am in a better place than when I started - I no longer drink during the week but am still drinking far too much at the weekends. It's a cycle I want to break and I know that I will eventually I just need to find the strength to do it!

Yesterday me and my husband went to a rugby match and did not drink alcohol (we would normally start at 2.30 and roll home drunk at 9.00 then fall into bed) I had a good time and looked around at the others who had been drinking and actually thought I'm glad I'm not you! It was a good feeling and I feel great this morning. I would normally be so down at this time and trying to think of excuses to not go to work - or go and feel rubbish all day!

My goal is to get through next weekend without drinking and then decide where to go from there as I've set so many 30 day goals and never kept to them.

I'm going to try and post a lot more now - good luck to you all in your own journey's xx

Hello again

Hello Seen the Light,
    and welcome back!!!

Sounds like yesterday's rugby match went really well for you!! It is quite a step to be around others drinking and feel good about being sober. Yes, the waking up without a hangover is such a great feeling. We need to bottle that feeling. I am newly AF again. This time I haven't pronounced any goals...or time limits. I have one thought that I am keeping strong in my head and that is that 'drinking in not an option for me' and if I have any thoughts to the contrary I tell myself 'this is my addiction talking'. It's working for me.
    Best of luck for next weekend. Make sure you have a plan....cover all your bases and you should be fine.
    x
    Amelia

Sober since 30/06/10

Comment

Hello again

Hi seen the light,just thought i'd post to say amelia is so right in saying it's quite a step being around those that are drinking and feeling good being sober.
      You,having went to the rugby and not envying those drinking shows you have come a long way in changing your way of thinking.:goodjob:

I have yet to reach that point and whilst out for lunch y'day i could barely eat for the want of a glass of wine.
      I looked at people longingly and wished i could be just normal 'whatever that is'lol
      I didn't have any wine but i was miserable & depressed and didn't want to talk as i felt i would cry if i did...

Amelia,i too have not really set any goals but i hope to remain af this month and take it from there...
      It's a dirty job,but somebody's got to do it...lol

love & hugs
      annie
      xx
      "Just when i was getting used to yesterday,along came today"
      Bring it on!

Comment

Hello again

Welcome back Seen the Light!

This is a good place to be, stick with us. Sounds like making plans for AF weekends is vital for you. I have found changing routines & habits crucial for long term success, especially in the early days.

Amelia, good for you - keep that self-talk going, it really helps!

Annie, you made it through your lunch yesterday without a glass of wine. Be happy & proud, you did a great thing! Keep focused on reaching 30 days AF then see how you feel. Setting new goals at that point just may be a bit easier. When I reached 30 days, I asked myself if I was really ready for a glass of wine - the answer was a resounding NO! I didn't even have to think about it, my body gave me the answer. I was feeling so much better, physically & emotionally I just didn't want to screw that up!

Wishing all of you the very best!
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hello again

Thank you all for your words of support

You are right I do need a plan - Sunday is sorted as I'm driving somewhere and I won't drink and drive, just got to sort Friday and Saturday now.

Anniemac - well done for staying in control and not giving in - next time it just might be easier xx

Comment

Working...
          X