Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ODAT - Tuesday

Morning odaters.

How goes the battle today? I am quite proud of myself actually. Spent some time away this weekend with family and everyone was drinking. I toted along my AF drinks and when asked I said that I hadn't been feeling well and was going to not drink this weekend. (Which was the truth and also not hard to do after my doctors appt on Friday where she sent me to get a bunch of liver tests (hepatitis etc) because my colouring is off and we still have not been able to figure out why I'm so tired.

But onwards and upwards. I know that the more I don't drink the healthier I will become even if it takes weeks before I start to feel better. I'll get there. I think I'm going back to work next week which will be nice. Being off would have been nice had it not been so much work and being so tired all the time. It will be nice to get back into some semblance of a routine.

How is everyone else doing?

:l
    Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
    :h

ODAT - Tuesday

Hey Uni!!!

Nice to hear you are doing well! Sounds like you are staying strong. I hope all your tests come back fine, I constantly worry about my internal health as well. I need to make a doctors appointment today as well to have tests done, and talk about the antabuse.

After having a mental breakdown yesterday, Im back on the wagon and ready to fight. I am SOOOO tired of dealing with this shit. It gets so old. Im not giving up. I am getting ready to seek outside help, whatever that might be. My own course of action is not working. I do not feel as ashamed as I used to, I need help, and I deserve help. No more hiding.

Yesterday was AF and so will today be. Very interested in Antabuse and am actively seeking out professional advice about it.

Keep fighting Uni!
    I LOVE MY SEROTONIN AND BOOZE SCREWS IT UP!!!!!

Comment

ODAT - Tuesday

I hope things go well with your doctor as well Overit - after my appt on Friday I started researching hepatitis and gotta say some of the posts regarding Alcoholic hepatitis scared the crap out of me. That's enough to keep me fighting.

Good for you on the AF - lets all put big Fat 0's in our drink trackers today!
      Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
      :h

Comment

ODAT - Tuesday

Good Morning ODATers,

Uni and Overit - I wish you both so many good things. One thing to keep up your hope is that the human body and spirit both have a marvellous capacity to heal themselves. Livers *will* repair themselves with time, healthy food, and no AL, and we need only look at all the things people go through (on this forum, but also in war-torn countries) and come through as stronger, more humane humans.

I'm with you both - zeros in the trackers today!

Comment

ODAT - Tuesday

Hi everyone. It has been a while since I have posted. I havent really had much time to get on the computer. I started Campral a month ago and have been a bit better. At first I was really good on it so I got a little too confident and started having a couple of drinks. I could stop after 2 for a while and then I spiralled downward. I was missing a lot of doses too and I think that makes a difference. My Mom has been real sick with Cancer, so I used that as an excuse too. Last night I had a couple too many and I am feeling really bad about it. I am committed to getting back to taking the Campral when I am supposed to and having more AF days.
          I am wondering if anyone has any experience on the Campral?
          Universal, good for you this weekend. I have not been able to follow your story, but I hope you will be feeling better and the doctors can find out what is making you feel badly.
          Over it, I feel just like you do. You have the right attitude and that is what will help you the most. Keep your chin up, take lots of deep breaths and be kind to yourself.

Comment

ODAT - Tuesday

You are so right DG. We are remarkably resilient. Our physical selves really want to live.

I have clear sailing today, I just have to finish writing my work from yesterday and then quietly take care of home base. I am tired but who cares; it is not that drop dead discouraged, bleached cat poop dehydration of a morning after alcohol. This works for me. My best to you Uni, Overit, DG, and all along this thread today. Love, Ladybird.
            may we be well

Comment

ODAT - Tuesday

ODATERS!!!

Good weekend! something came up with rubywillow and we weren't able to go flyfishing, but I'm not too far away so we'll just reschedule. Instead I visited with a GF from elementary school and her husband and I enjoyed seeing her new grandaughter too.

Uni, you rock on the AF weekend! You keep those BGPs on and take care of yourself.

Good for you overit! Whatever it takes!

Hello to all to come! Go for the O!

Wow lot of folks jumped in here! Hi dancer, wb blanchie! Hi lady b.
              sigpic
              Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

ODAT - Tuesday

Welcome back Uni! Hi to everyone else. Late entry on the Tuesday thread in stead of starting the Wednesday one.

Having a BUSY week with relatives here (trying to squeeze in all the other stuff too) Drinking daily but moderating. Open bottles of wine at the end of the evening and I have been able to say, no more thanks.

Besssie xx

Comment

Working...
                X