30 day commitment.. who's in?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey girls, LOVE the name "Fight Club" that Sunshine just gave us! What do ya'll think?

Comment

Morning y'all!
      I think Fight Club sounds great. Thanks for the suggestion :h
      :l
      LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

Fight Club is perfect! As this is always a fight within ourselves!
        I LOVE MY SEROTONIN AND BOOZE SCREWS IT UP!!!!!

Comment

Hello all,
          Fight Club is about where it's at, Sunshine, good name.
          Well Thurs evening is fast approaching, and I am feeling a bit more confident than I did this morning.
          I am soooo grumpy all day, hubbie gone home early to put on dinner, bless him!
          Gotta find a meeting nearby tonight, otherwise it will be a long night.
          Hubbie's gran died on Tues, she would have been 100 next week, bummer ain't it?
          So we have the funeral on Fri/Sat, back to hotel afters, I should be ok though with staying AF, as I don't usually drink in front of inlaws, none of them drink, so it will be tea all around.
          Good luck to all, Determination, glad I have a stable mate of 4 days AF.
          Overit, your drinking patterns are very familar to me, I was the very same.

As AA says, for an alcoholic, 1 drink is too much & 100 is never enough!!!!

Stay well for the weekend

Bree:winkmonkey:

Comment

Bree, sorry about your family loss :h
            Good on you for staying strong! :wings:
            LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

Thanks LookingToGrow,
              It's been a tough time, but we'll be fine.
              Bree

Comment

So very sorry to hear about your loss, Bree :l
                Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Fight Club

Fight club it is. Its a great name.. perhaps we will have to start a 'fight club' thread this September. I hope I don't forget anyone, here goes..

Bree- I am sorry for your loss and I hope the weekend goes smoothly. Regarding sleep, it gets a little worse when you first go AF, and then it gets much, much better. I have found that my insomnia and anxiety fade when AL is out of my system for a while.

Everyone- weekends are a bitch. I am a weekend binger and I finally have a whole weekend off coming up. Many of us may need some extra support, if so, post away or PM me anytime! One helpful hint that I have found, STAY BUSY! If you are bored, the temptation to drink is going to be that much worse. Also, change your routine if it involves people/places/situations that normally lead to drinking. Lets keep in mind that if we don't drink, our houses will be clean, our lives in order, our HBs/BFs/kids/etc will be happy with us. And MOST OF ALL, we will gain respect for OURSELVES. When AL controls our every move, respect evaporates. Also, lets be kind to ourselves, treat ourselves to something if we can.. a small reward for getting through a Friday or Saturday AF.

New Creation/dancalot/Brown and anyone I forgot to mention :welcome:

Brown- I agree with Sunshine. It depends on how much you have been drinking. As far as stomach issues go, I had them a lot when drinking, while my stomach is much happier now. AL does irritate the stomach lining. However, it may take days to fully detox from AL. In the meantime you may have some unpleasant symptoms. Just remember, the suffering is short term. Keep drinking, and the suffering will last a lifetime.

Newbies and old friends alike, I am happy that we have formed this STRONG and DETERMINED group. I wish we could get together in real life! My friendships have dwindled along with my alcohol use it seems.

Somehow I think we have scared the guys away..? Any guys here? One thing, AL effects women differently then men. I am reading up on it. Will share what I learn with you for sure.

Jeez, there is a lot going on on this thread! Lets post about our weekend plans and keep eachother on target. :target: :wave:
                  Liath

Comment

Liath, I think a Fight Club thread for September would be great. I have a little suggestion, though. How about this title: Fight Club Daily Thread? I am thinking on this line because it may help new members to jump in more readily. Either way, I'm game. :h
                    Many people here have local meet ups. I hope you can find a group in your area. There is a member that is coming to Dallas next week for a 13 week assignment so we are making some plans.
                    My plan for the weekend is to use my schedule and timer for supps and to scrapbook photos with GD. Also, some yard work with husbo after GD returns home.
                    Wishing everyone strength and clarity :h
                    LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

Hello all, glad to hear everyone is progressing nicely or doing better then before - we are all at different stages, though we have the same focus and the same determination.

I am so happy to have had an AF and hangover-free week at work. I have been sharper than i have in a while, with more energy, and have really enjoyed the week. I've even enjoyed my commutes - taken some good literature and have not felt too tired to read it!!

Sure I've thought about Al (even had another al dream, grr!) but I have been so happy secure in the knowledge that I'm doing 30 days by hook or by crook and have felt so much more positive and better about my life.

My dearest dad is coming to stay tomorrow and my ex, his dad and my friend are coming over on Saturday to fix the floor so I can get my deposit back when I move out of this house, so I am going to have a busy, al-free weekend!

Anyways a big g'night hug to the Fight Club as I am off to bed! Catch up with you all soon
                      Recovery Coaching website

"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." - Carl Bard wl:

Recovery Videos

Comment

Fight Club, eh?

:H Well, I'm glad it caught on.. although it wasn't really meant as an official title!
                        Fight Club it is then, and fight, we will!

Weekend.. yikes, yes... for me this upcoming weekend, especially. I won't be around much if at all for some days. I need to go home to my place (a 4hour trip by car and ferry) tomorrow and sort out a bunch of things. Unpleasant, expensive, and very emotional. This will be the first stage of getting my dream home ready for sale. And, I'll be alone with no Internet. Talk about a double whammy. But, there won't be any AL on the agenda. I could use some strong vibes, though.

Hopefully, I'll be able to check in/check up on you lot from a friend's house or the library... if not, you'll have to fill me in on all the happenings when I get back.

Have a wonderful, AF free weekend and days to come thereafter!

Comment

Hey, I don't see any gloves this morning! What's up with that?

Real quick checkin... be out the door shortly... love you all and will be thinking of you!
                          Talk soon!

Comment

Good morning everyone!

I haven't been around for a few days and it looks like there are quite a few new people here, welcome all!

I had made the decision to moderate for a few days, I had 2 drinks Monday and 2 drinks Tuesday. Pretty stupid really, 2 drinks isn't enough for even a little buzz. I am very glad I kept it at 2 and didn't go overboard. Maybe it was a test, I don't know. I am back abstaining yesterday and feel great about it. I have to keep looking at the positive.

I am glad everyone seems to be doing well and I'll stick around more to find out what is happening with all you fine ladies.

Comment

Hi all,
                              Thank you all for your kind words.
                              Day 5, and Thank God I got over Thurs, phew!!!
                              Playing golf tomorrow evening with my sister, so looking forward to that.
                              Sunday, will probably be spent at an farm show, so thats the whole day gone.
                              So all in all, I think I will be probably ok at the weekend, keep myself busy.
                              Keep up the good work.
                              Bree:goodjob:

Comment

Hi Guys!!!

Im still around! How is everyone doing? Managing to beat that nagging alcohol pain in the ass? HOPE SO!!!!

Well, I have been on vacation for a week now. Yesterday, I was soooo bored, and suddenly I wanted a drink really bad!! I decided to go out to eat, and ordered a vodka! BUT GOOD NEWS is, that I stopped! I got home, and just decided, you know what, I just want to drink water. Whew, CLOSE ONE!!!

I dont know about you ladies, but I have grown really really sick of spending money on alcohol! A bottle of wine, is usually around 10 dollars...I just cant afford it!

Along with the thousands of reasons to stop, money has become huge issue to me. I just HATE spending money on poison you know?

Hope to hear from you all soon, Stay strong!

Overit
                                I LOVE MY SEROTONIN AND BOOZE SCREWS IT UP!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X