30 day commitment.. who's in?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well done OverIt, thats the spirit (excuse pun).
    It's a great feeling to be able to say you don't want it.
    Keep it up,
    Bree

Comment

Thanks Bree,

The dangerous thing about me drinking, is that it is amazing that I did not go get more alcohol. Thank God I didnt, but its such a slippery slope.

Life would be grand if I/we could all just have one or two and stop. I guess that would mean we do not have problems. BUT MY truth is that its next to impossible for me to stop at one. I basically just got lucky yesterday.

And like I said, Im really hating spending money!!! Is this motivating anyone else too???

Great job on 5 days Bree! Thats HUGE!
      I LOVE MY SEROTONIN AND BOOZE SCREWS IT UP!!!!!

Comment

Hey Fight Club, Hope you're having a good weekend!

Sunshine, I have to move house soon as well and I haven't coped well with it in the past! Last time I got wasted through the entire process - and of course had to rely on other people to check we packed up everything. Of course I found I was missing things. This time I am looking forward to moving with a clear head and all my stuff, although it will be emotional as well. I hope this weekend goes well for you visiting the place. Check in when you can!

Sparkle so good to see you back - I was going to ask anyone if they'd seen you actually! Good for you for modding and not going overboard - rare are the occasions when I've managed that - maybe 5 times out of every 50!! Not good odds for me! You know I will do the wagging finger thing and tell you not to become complacent (I am everyone's mum sometimes), but great job so far.

Bree, well done on your 5 days - just a couple more and you'll have done a week. It feels so good after that. You have been coping great at what must be a difficult time. Keep it up!

OverIt, again I am proud of you for stopping - no way I could do that. There must be something very strong inside you that wants better for yourself, and you've just got to keep listening to that rather than the nasty saboteur al voice.

Ha, it's funny you said about the money - good gad, why towards the end did I have such expensive tastes?? Martell and courvoisier for crimminy's sake!! And it was always a big bottle! I'm only on a tiny wage! Do you know what, even imaging the smell of that now makes me think about notes slipping through my fingers!

Anyways, I'm shooting off to bed in a minute with a good book and a cat to cuddle. See you all tomorrow (hangover-free)!
        Recovery Coaching website

"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." - Carl Bard wl:

Recovery Videos

Comment

Hey!

Yeah, the money is a big issue for me. I am doing well now but I'm going to be starting grad school again (I hope) in a year and then I will have less. I need to save now to survive later. Everytime I go out I probably spend 20-30$ not to mention blowing money eating out because I am hungover/drunk and just don't care. Add that to the the 10$ I spend on a six pack 3 times a week.. it adds up!

I am sitting here alone feeling kind of sorry for myself because its Friday night and I have nothing to do. Nothing, but get into trouble that is... I need strength of will right now more than ever!
          Liath

Comment

Hi Liath,

I have to work out what the exact time difference is between there and here as I'm not often about when you need someone to talk to!

I hope you managed to stay strong and I will check in with you later.

Kim X

"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." - Carl Bard wl:

Recovery Videos

Comment

Well dang it anyway. I was planning on being AL free last night but ended up having 4. Four is not a lot but too many. Today is a new day and plan A is not to drink. Is there a plan B, I sure hope not. I feel week right now.

Comment

Kimberley,

I must be due for a good old fashioned talking to and a strong finger shaking.

Comment

:finger2: hehehe. I am also feeling a bit weak as the ex is stressing me out. Al is crossing my mind more than it should, but I am DEFINITELY not drinking!

Recovery Videos

Comment

Hey all, well it has been an emotional, tiring, stressful and difficult day but I am still AF. My ex came round to recarpet the living room and re-lino the litchen so that I can get my full deposit back on this house.

Long story short for those who don't know it - me and the ex broke up (mainly because I don't want children, and he does. We still love each other). Had been living together in this house. He moved out and I have stayed here but have to move soon as I can't afford it on my own.

So he promised to fix the floor as it was mainly him who ruined it (though I'm sure a few spilled drinks and fag burns of mine had added to it, too!)

It took nearly 10 hours to do it all with him and his dad and we both knew it was a sign that we have to move on, but we were reminiscing about moving in as well, so it was really quite sad. I was craving a drink really badly, then I realised it wasn't really a drink I wanted in reality, it was just that I didn't want to feel this way.

Also he started off being really off with me then towards the end he came over and was cuddling me and when they left I went to kiss his cheek and he went in for a 'proper' kiss. We keep doing this - slept together last week when he came round to measure up (which he said he regretted as it made him feel sad afterwards). Nothing more could've happened today as he was going home with his dad, but I feel a bit sad now as I am alone in the house again.

So anyway, it has been difficult and I now feel drained in every possible way. But at least I will not have a hangover tomorrow.

Hope you have all had a good Saturday! Sorry for longish post!

Recovery Videos

Comment

I wish you all luck. I went twenty three days and 22 hours without a drink and then cracked. I have been drinking again for the last week, but in moderation. However that is not good enough for me. I am preparing to stop again shortly but need to get my head right before doing so. I have drunk a few glasses of wine today but not really enjoyed it too much so hopefully that's a good sign. Maybe tomroow evening might be a good time to start over again

Comment

Hello Fight Clubbers!

Ugggh* Dial up... I forgot how excrutiatingly S L O W that is!

Well, I'm 'home'... things are going as (un)well as expected. I forgot to bring my camera - hoping a friend of mine will drop by tonight with hers... I'll show you pictures of what my property is supposed to look like... and what it looks like now. After I've been away for 10 months.

I did have a bit of a break down last night... just suddenly started sobbing quite uncontrollably... SO not like me. But, oh well... no AL. This is day 8.

Went shopping today for supplies to fix things here.. $850 later - the day is gone and I have accomplished nothing. On top, I'm exhausted, both physically and emotionally - I had about 2 2/5 hours sleep between 5:30 and 8am.

Kimberley... :l I know how difficult this must be for you.. I keep having flash backs of our first day here... now that the rooms are slowly emptying out.

Everyone else... keep at it... don't slack off, ok? I want to hear about successes all around when I get back!

Talk soon! Errrm.... type soon, rather
                        Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Overit here!

Just wanted you all to know I am still here and still involved in our little group! I like the name Fight Club, I think we should start another thread next month.

Overall seems like everyone is doing pretty well. Maybe a slip up here and there, but nothing major, and it seems no meltdowns. I think if someone has a few drinks, and manages to moderate, thats still a huge success to me! Progress is not perfection.

Kimberly, feeling better? Sounds like alot on your plate, loneliness can be a trigger for sure, Liath, how are you? Sparkles, Sunshine, Bree, Determination, Oh Gosh, my memory is BAD!

Ok Ladies, I leave for my vacation up North for 8 days. I will not have acces to a computer, NOR access to Booze, so I kinda feel like I am cheatin a tad, cuz this will be a non drinking vacation. (My family NEVER drinks, go figure huh).

I will look forward to much anticipation on how you all are. Stay strong and stay satisfied with where you are in life!

See you later guys!!!

Overit
                          I LOVE MY SEROTONIN AND BOOZE SCREWS IT UP!!!!!

Comment

SparkleAZ - Keep up the good attitude....you can stick with Plan A, I know you can!

Kimberly - Hugs to you and Kudos for resisting AL. It must have been hard when your ex left and the house was empty not to grab AL to make you feel better. You should be proud of yourself!!

I made it through day 7 - managed not to grab a bottle of wine at the store even though I REALLY, REALLY wanted to. Just need to make it through today - the last day of the weekend.
                            ODAT!

Comment

Hi all,
                              Sunshine I hope you are feeling abit cheerier now - yes these things are hard and when you're AF you have to adjust to the fact you can't just blur it all away. However, the problems and issues are always still there when you come round, so it is much better to be AF and learn how to deal with the feelings. I did a lot of that yesterday myself!

OverIt if I have caught you just before you go, have an ace one and enjoy yourself.

Determination, well done on being so..er...determined and not getting that bottle of wine! Weekends are always particularly bad for me to say no and this weekend I have definitely felt the weakest so far this 30 days. But I didn't give in and I know you're not going to either. Love waking up sober with no hangover on a Monday too much!

Recovery Videos

Comment

Where is everyone gone to? Sigh noone to celebrate 2 weeks sober with!! Hope you're all doing well.

Recovery Videos

Comment

Working...
                                X