• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

30 day commitment.. who's in?

Im in!

Comment

Hey everyone! I have had a great weekend. No binges. Determination, great job!

Welcome Skittles! Looking forward to hearing more about you.

Kimberley- When you add up the days like that, you are still doing great.

Well, I behaved myself this weekend so I am actually up and ALIVE today. I did a bunch of shopping for clothes yesturday and today I am going to hit the books. Had a couple of beers with my sis while watching football. Didnt want more. That is a win for me because in the past I would go out and tie one on for every game!

Seriously, after several major stressers have been removed from my life, not the least of which is my boyfriend finally finding a decent job, I feel much better equiped to handle this situation. Not so desperate and miserable. Will I binge again if I get myself into a trigger situation? Probably. So I am going to change my patterns (spent hours making jewelry this weekend) and enjoy life hangover free for a change!

Love to all!
      Liath

Comment

Welcome Skittles!
        Recovery Coaching website

"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." - Carl Bard wl:

Recovery Videos

Comment

Here we go

Hello All,

Day 1 Starts now...:thumbs:

Comment

Well you have Patrick on board now. Day 1 is today.

Comment

Kimberly - I know what you mean about also comparing the number of days sober versus AF. It has been almost 14 days since I started, and I have been sober for 13 of those days. That is a huge accomplishment for me.

But...as far as being AF, I'm on day 4 and looking forward to actually fulfilling a promise to the kids to take them hiking. A month ago, I would be making excuses for not going while I was nursing a hangover.
              ODAT!

Comment

Hey Liath, I didn't see your post there! Glad you had a good weekend and are less stressed out.

Determination you are doing wonderfully well.

Thanks for all your support- you guys are great

I need to pull my socks up again, but am trying not to beat up on myself. The last time I had a binge it continued into Sunday so I had to 'work from home' on Monday. So I have improved since my last binge as today I have just been eating again, taking kudzu and vitamins and relaxing as much as possible. Not in withdrawal, just feeling shaky this time.

Welcome mltp and patrick - it will be day 1 for me today as well. So not feeling great, but will feel pretty good again in a few days, so hope you will match me step for step. Looking forward to continuing the journey.

"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." - Carl Bard wl:

Recovery Videos

Comment

Is there a chatroom on this site, and if so, how can you join it? Thx, Patrick.

Comment

Yes Patrick, just click on Live Chat on the blue toolbar at the top.

Recovery Videos

Comment

Bravo Liath!

Comment

Hi all,

Welcome keyners & mltp, you have chosen a great path to follow & you are amongst friends here.

Kimberly & Determination, you are both doing so well, when you put your AF & Sober days on a scales agianst AL days, see which one weighs the heaviest!!! Keep it up:goodjob:

Liath, glad to hear you had a good weekend.

Day 15 AF, had a good weekend, no cravings or much thoughts about AL. Sleeping a little better now, although on sat night, I was wandering the house at 4am, I just couldn't sleep.
                        Overall, I had a good weekend, spent time with my sister & her 14 month adorable little boy, went out to lunch yesterday.

I'm in a bit of a dilemma though, my Mum, brothers & sisters are all going to Prague to meet with my sister who lives in Australia, I'm the only one who's not going, but the pressure is on. The thing is, all my family love a drink, and I am afraid to go in case I start again. Would I be strong enough to resist AL, I don't know, it's still very early days for me.
                        The trip is not till November, so maybe by that time I might be stronger, but at the same time, I might of become complacent again and think I was able to handle it. My hubbie & kids would be devastated if I started again. Any advice for me???

Bree

Comment

Day 1 again for me. My brother-in-law left yesterday so I am back on track. I was able to mod mostly this past week but after drinking 7 days in a row I feel like I'm starting all over. I had been very proud of my zero drinking days and I wonder if I can do it again. I will do my best.

Comment

SparkleAZ - you did it once, you can do it again! Don't give up!

Bree - I can totally understand your dilemma. My family is getting together over labor day weekend for a trip, and I know there will be AL. I am making a plan before I go and I am going to bring a journal with me so that I can write down how I am feeling and remind myself all the reasons why, at the end of the day, AF is so much better.

I also think that since the trip isn't until November, you might be up for it. However, ultimately, it is your own family that counts. Being AF IS the priority. There will be other family trips, so at the end of the day, go with your gut. Do what you think is the best for you and your immediate family.

Had a good weekend. There was a slight temptation after hiking on Sunday to get a cold beer, but I resisted and made sure that I drank ice tea and kept myself busy - mind and body - and the urge passed.

Mondays are always a challenge -back to work. My "routine" used to be to have wine as soon as I got home to relax.
                            ODAT!

Comment

Good morning Fight Club!

Everyone still or again on track!? Good! Same here... day 17, thank God. No time now, just wanting to wish everyone strength and determination!
                              Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Bree you will be fine- the fact that you're planning for what could be a trigger situation shows that you will be ok.

Ok confession time, I had a terrible day. I didn't hardly sleep last night so I felt awful - I had a drink on Sunday in the end as I was upset but not loads. But when it came to about 11am today I felt like my windpipe was closing up so I went and bought vodka and sipped it in the toilets at intervals the rest of the day.

I hate myself for doing it but I don't think anyone noticed. Ah I want to scream - I want to get out of this pattern, but I know 'll be too sick to go into work tomorrow if I don't have something tonight. But then I'll feel rubbish tomorrow as well. Vicious circle!

I'm going to try to go into chat as I need some insight ASAP!

Recovery Videos

Comment

Working...
                                X