30 day commitment.. who's in?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is making me feel better counting the days that I have been AF, for the last 30 days I was AF for a total of 13 days. This is great for me. I am on the right track by using the valuable tools here. The support from you fine people is wonderful also. I had 18 sober days within the last month. A few of those days I had 1 or 2 drinks. I think it has probably been more than 30 years since I have drank this little and maybe I'm not totally AF but I am going in the right direction.

Comment

A little late...

but I'm in!

Liath... I'm in the same boat as you. Yes, I have done some AF time and thought I could moderate. I can't. I have to face it. So.... if you guys will have me - I'm in for 30 days.
      Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Let's do this

I'm in, too. 8 days into the month, not too late to jump in.
        Let's have a great end of the summer and best of all, remember every moment of it!

Comment

Hi guys day 5 for me to. Sorry i havent posted but all over this forum just reading the stuff going on live chats. Keep up the good work. Have had a few issues with stuff that i would have drank on but not today.................so tierd...........................:goodjob:
          They say that time changes things, but you actually have to change them yourself. Andy warhole

last drink 3rd August 2009

Comment

Hello guys,

I agree with OverIt, no-one who has slipped a bit has failed - you would have failed if you didn't pick yourself up again. You would have failed if you thought "Well I am hopeless at this - I may as well carry on drinking." You are not, you are all trying and succeeding in having AF days. Maybe not as many as you wanted, but you HAVE been AF and are trying to do so again. Now stop beating yourselves up!! uch:

Myself, my day didn't exactly go to plan. I wanted to go out and do stuff, meet up with my sis for a coffee and maybe ring a mate to have a drink (obviously AF for me!) later.

But my sis called me early so I spent 2pm-7pm with her in a pub (me drinking sparkling water - I am trying to make myself like it ) She is having a really hard time at the moment, so I am ok with that, but it was not much fun at all and she was getting drunk on red wine.

So I missed all the sunshine and now I feel quite down as my sis is unhappy, so I thought it best not to bother calling a mate for tonight - I wouldn't be bouncy at all!

But even though I had a bit of a crummy day, obviously I stayed AF, which has made me pleased, and I was there for my sister, which is so important too. She really appreciated it and I couldn't have done that if I had not been AF yesterday.

So I am home now drinking a beautiful rich coffee, have made plans with another friend for tomorrow instead and am going to make meself a lovely dinner and either watch crappy TV or read a book (depending on the headache, which is niggling me again).

So although today hasn't been great, it has been a success.

By the way welcome to the thread newbies, glad to have you on board
            Recovery Coaching website

"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." - Carl Bard wl:

Recovery Videos

Comment

Hey Andaz - I remember your post from the other thread - Brit living in turkey right. Great for you to join us here and CONGRATULATIONS on your 5 days! I love it when I don't drink on stuff I ususally would. Go Andaz, go Andaz!!

"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." - Carl Bard wl:

Recovery Videos

Comment

Just a quick check in beautiful ladies. I am on a quick break from work, and have to head back in a few. NO WAY am I drinking today, Im thinking of it as such a nasty thing right now. Damn freaking alcohol how DARE you mess up my life like you have! I HATE You!

Are you all having a Sober day? If you get tempted to drink today, remember all the heartbreak alcohol has caused you. Think about how wonderful it will be to wake up tomorrow without any regrets and no headache (Speaking of headache has yours gone away Kimberly?)

Im sending you all my well wishes, we are cyber friends and we are here for each other, dont forget.
                I LOVE MY SEROTONIN AND BOOZE SCREWS IT UP!!!!!

Comment

Nah OverIt, headache still here, but not as bad as a hangover headache so I am very grateful!

I am drinking chai cinnamon tea, mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

Recovery Videos

Comment

Regular headache is ALWAYS better than hangover headache... I hope it goes away!!!!

One time I had bad period cramps and the stomach flu at the same time. All I could think of was THANK GOD I was not hungover that day tooo!!!!

Hope you feel better!!!! Heading back to work...Ick!
                    I LOVE MY SEROTONIN AND BOOZE SCREWS IT UP!!!!!

Comment

Okey doke speak to you later OverIt. Don't work TOO hard!

Recovery Videos

Comment

Hey everyone-

Just checking in after a very long day. 10 hours of work and getting ready to leave town for an overnight getaway with my sis and her kids. I have warned her of my AF status and since she is not quite the lush that I have been known to be, I assume she will also not drink. Anyways its about spending time with the kids, quality time, not half buzzed.. I have been buzzed around them before and they are one of the many reasons I quit. I want to be a GOOD influence not a bad one.

Welcome MTNtop.. I just posted on your thread.

Sunshine- We talked in the chat but let me say again that I am glad you are here. Stick around and we both know that you will feel better soon!

Kim- Jeez, I don't know how you hang for hours at a pub without drinking. My AF status would be DONE for if I tried that. Very impressive. Overit, andaz, sparkles, and who am I forgetting?-- I hope you have a pleasant and AF weekend. See you all on Monday!!!
                        Liath

Comment

The truth comes out

My BF is very angry with me. He does not want me to quit drinking.. says I am going about it all wrong.. says I only have a problem when I go out and binge with my friends. (this IS the problem for the most part) Does not want an AF house.. this is too much for him. Truthfully, we often drink together.. this is what we do to relax. But he rarely binges and does not comprehend the hell I go through. I am screwed here. This is not how I expected him to react. I guess I am going to have to deal with a cold beer staring me in the face when I open up the frigerator on occasion.. :durn:

At least I can get away to a nice hotel tomorrow night and take a break from this drama. I am very confused and upset here. I made a commitment.. its only 30 days. I think he is also jealous of all the time I am spending on the computer... :upset:

Still AF. Day 6. Thats all that matters, right?
                          Liath

Comment

Poor Liath! It is horrible when you are trying to do the right thing and people don't undertsand. I have also had people that have said "well you'd be ok if you didn't XYZ". Er, no I wouldn't, I'm an alcoholic.

I can't have alcohol at home because my problem in later years was that I was a secretive home spirits drinker - I do not have the problem of saying no at the pub or whatever as I'm hanging out with friends etc. Not that that was easy to do to start with, but I can quite happily do it now.

If your problem is going out and getting wasted, maybe it wouldn't be so bad if he drank at home at some point. I don't think you're ready for that now though - you probably need some AF time before tht becomes possisble.

I don't think he's angry with you- he is angry because he doesn't understand why he has to sacrifice his thing for you (I thought it was called love but maybe I'm wrong). He doesn't seem to get how serious it is for you.

If he is getting annoyed about you going on the computer for support, ask him if he would prefer you to go to an AA group every other night.

I hope you have a nice time at the hotel with your sis and her family. Take a break from him stressing you out.

Still AF. Day 6. Thats all that matters, right? YES!!!!!! You go Liath!

Big supportive hugs,
                            Kim

Recovery Videos

Comment

Thanks so much Kim. I am probably not ready for AL in the house, but it looks like I am going to have to be. This is definitely a big stresser for me. As I suspected, he doesn't want to be with an 'alcoholic'. I am not big into labels and realize that I cannot realistically keep AL out of the house forever and live with him, so I guess I have to just deal. And yes, my problem is mostly when I go to the pub with my friends, horrible hangovers lead me to drinking at home too but it starts there. Thats why I am so amazed that you can go to a pub and not drink. Well we all have our triggers I guess.

I will be OK. Going to have a great break from the BF and all the stress at home! I HOPE HOPE HOPE it gets better as I adjust to a new and improved lifestyle..

Much love,
                              Liath

Comment

I rally feel for you Liath, that is a difficult situation you are in. Hopefully your wonderful weekend away will put you at ease. Have a great time with your sister and children.

I am back on track, no drinks for me yesterday and not today either. My husband was still drinking and I think that is why I kept failing. He has agreed to go AF with me and I believe he means it this time. It is so hard to quit while having it stare you in the face.

I hope everyone continues to stay AF I am sure going to give it my best.

Comment

Working...
                                X