new to this forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new to this forum

Hello just going to introduce myself i am a binge drinker that lived in the Uk but moved out to Turkey a few years ago. Thought it would have been easier to stay sober but i was wrong. Its worse i have an shop over the road that sells me drink even though he has been told not to. Its a holiday resort so everyone is on the drink. And as soon as have been off for a while a get the compulsion to drink. I forget the depth of dispare i put everyone including myself threw. My husband works away so it is so easy to start as i am not policed. His mate he works with his wife was an alcoholic and was found dead from the drink. She was found in a pool of blood and vomit on the floor. He is so terified that will happen to me. I have had my last drink yesterday and was in a right state. Was on it for 5 days. I even got the shop guy to brink me a bottle of vodka over and hide it in the garden. I just hope and pray this is the very last time. I hope i can get some strengh from this forum i never need to drink again. I suffered from panic attacks when i was younger and that fear is always there incase they come back. The only thing that stopped them was a big drink. :new:
    They say that time changes things, but you actually have to change them yourself. Andy warhole

last drink 3rd August 2009

new to this forum

Welcome andaz
    Have you spoken to your doctor? A good first step would be to go to your doctor and talk about all this. Many of us have also found downloading the MWO book and following the suggestions there to be helpful. You can download it from the Health Store.
    :welcome:
    Wally22:confusedmonkey::confusedmonkey::confusedmo nkey:
    If I don't want to brag but I can still wear the earings I wore in highschool
    November 2, 2012

Comment

new to this forum

:welcome: andaz you will find great help and support here,we are all in the same boat,so stick around

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
      I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

new to this forum

Andaz-

It was great to talk to you last night. If there is any way I can help you, please let me know. I am very happy that you have chosen to join us. All I can say is, do not give up no matter what! And remember that since you are a binger like me, you never know where you will end up if you have that first drink. I don't want you this to ruin you or any of us!

Take care,
        Liath

Comment

new to this forum

My first day here too. Best wishes to you.

Comment

new to this forum

Thank you for all you good wishes and strength this site was a godsend on my first AF day. It helped take my mind off the craving. That first night of no sleep was on the AA website reading the stories and by a miracle i found this site. I talked to a few online people which was great. When i get a bit twitchy and start looking at the off licnce over the road. I just come on here and refresh in my mind what alcohol can do to us all. It isnt worth a fleeting thought. Tell AL to get back in the gutter where he belongs. Leave us alone xxxxxxxxxxxxx
            They say that time changes things, but you actually have to change them yourself. Andy warhole

last drink 3rd August 2009

Comment

new to this forum

Andaz & Elpis

Andaz, the alchohol temporarily takes away the panic but actually makes it worse in the long run, and trust me I know this from personal experience ........... I self medicated with alcohol for many many years ........

I am only on day 5 sober for the first time in probably 10 years and already feel sooooo much better ......

Please See your doctor for some help ..........

Please look after yourself and stick around, you now have a 24/7 support line ........

Love, Hugs, and best wishes ...........BB xx Attached files [img]/converted_files/994172=3465-attachment.jpg[/img]
              sigpicXXX

Comment

new to this forum

Hi -

I am new here. I found this site because I realize that I no longer want to hate myself every morning and find myself breaking my promises to be AF. I am not a very religious person and so AA always turned me off for that reason. I don't want to go into a treatment center and so I was feeling very lost as to how to get the help that I want and need. I will be going to find a physician next week. In the meantime, I will look to all of you for encouragement and help me with my determination when that first craving hits!
                ODAT!

Comment

new to this forum

Hi Determination,

Nice to meet you too ........... please stick with it, I have just done a home detox and can highly recommend it ....... talk to your physician about the options available but make sure that you stay with the lovely people here ..........

Love, Hugs, and Best wishes ........... BB xx Attached files [img]/converted_files/994229=3465-attachment.jpg[/img]
                  sigpicXXX

Comment

new to this forum

Andaz, welcome! I think I met you on chat the other night. at any rate I hope you have dumped out the bottle of voddy in the garden? it's no good having something like that waiting to tempt you. Determination (great name ) big welcome to you also. I'm glad to see your getting some doctors care. if you are worried that you will have trouble detoxing I think that's the sign to get proper help.
                    nice to have both of you.
                    nosce te ipsum
                    (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
                    X