Dying

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dying

Dreamweaver;685562 wrote: Elpis, Did you make it to the doctor? I am considering going to detox! More than anything, I want to be sober!
    Hi Dreamweaver, and everyone,

I did go to the doctor today. Boy what a wake-up call. He told me that as much as I have been drinking and for as long as I have been drinking, and with my high blood pressure, I was at risk of dying if I went cold turkey. DIE for God?s sake! He does not want to detox me outpatient but I told him that it would be very damaging to my career if I went into rehab. Anyway, he finally agreed to outpatient only if I agreed to very close follow-up and a promise to screw career and go inpatient if this attempt failed. So now I have Revia, Librium, and Seroquel which I will start tomorrow or Saturday as my job commitments permit (I have some delicate work to do that needs my complete attention).

Dreamweaver, I see you got Topamax. Great! You must have seen a doctor so see if you can talk them in to a week or so of Librium. I hear it really helps take the edge off detox.
    Bless you all for you support. I will join your sobriety soon.

Elpis

Comment

Dying

Hi Elpis.
      I am delighted that your doctor is going to help you through this.
      It is very frightening to know what alcohol can do isnt it?
      Well done for seeking help.
      All the very best on your journey.
      Starty
      Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
      Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Dying

Thanks for updating us Elpis! All the best.
        Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

Working...
        X