Dying

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dying

Need help... dying. My liver hurts. My back hurts (pancreas?). Can?t eat much because my stomach hurts. Got this lump in my throat. I actually gag when I drink alcohol but can?t not drink it (the gagging stops when I finally get enough in thank goodness). I told my doctor but he said ?well you just have to stop drinking?. Yeah ? whatever. I have another doctor?s appointment tomorrow. I can beat this if I can get the right help and live long enough. Still have a wonderful wife and kids. Still have a job. Still have a drivers license. For now. Need support.

Dying

Hi there Elpis.
    Welcome, you have come to the right place for support here.
    Will your doctor give you some help to withdraw from the alcohol do you think? It sounds like you are drinking a fair amount and going cold turkey might not be an option?
    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Dying

Welcome Elpis
      Starty is right, it sounds like you should have a doctor's help with cutting back on your drinking. Quitting cold turkey when you have been drinking quite a bit is really a shock to the system. Have you consider rehab? Perhaps there is an outpatient clinic in your area. Maybe you could ask your doctor tomorrow.
      Best of luck, keep posting.
      :welcome:
      Wally22:confusedmonkey::confusedmonkey::confusedmo nkey:
      If I don't want to brag but I can still wear the earings I wore in highschool
      November 2, 2012

Comment

Dying

I hope she will help me. I am worth the effort. But even doctors seem to think this is a moral failing. There is nothing wrong with my morals. I know I am wrong to drink so much and if I could stop drinking on my own I would. I am going to a psychiatrist this time rather than a general practitioner so maybe she will be more sympathetic. Tomorrow will tell. Keep hoping for me please.

Comment

Dying

Elpis, some doctors have no clue when it comes to treating addiction. Sometimes we have to show them the way ourselves.
          Please stop blaming yourself for your predicament. You need help to sort it, there is no shame in that.
          Keep us posted how you get on wont you?
          Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
          Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Dying

Hi and a warm welcome Elpis!
            Sending loads of strength and good vibes to you.

Keep reading -- keep posting.
            "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Dying

Can't do inpatient I think as I have to work. I have a very public job and it would be bad for it to get out. Lots of repercussions. No one knows other than my immediate family who kindly cover for me.

Comment

Dying

Welcome, Elpis!

Find a doctor that will help you. Not all doctors are clueless! Mine was very supportive when I finally got the courage to tell her about my drinking. She was open to my request for anti-craving meds as long as I also promised to get some counselling help.

Best wishes to you!
                Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Dying

Wow

The UK... South Africa... USA... Canada. All in less than thirty minutes! Thank you all. I have a little hope.

Comment

Dying

LOL -- there's loads of support here!!
                    "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Dying

Will be thinking about you tomorrow Elpis!
                      Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

Dying

Elpis-

I am so sorry that you are suffering in this way. We have all been there to some degree and want to help. I sincerely hope that this next doctor will help you. I haven't taken any meds for withdrawl so I can't give advise but just know that I care!!!
                        Liath

Comment

Dying

I'm new but I had to post! I, too, am sick most of the time. I am a morning drinker. I throw up the first drink, but after that it stays down. I just had 48 hours AF but gave in to the cravings. For the nausea and diarrhea (I know TMI) try the BRAT diet (bananas, rice, applesauce, and tea/toast). It really helps settle the stomach. I am going to try, again, to get more than 48 hours AF. I know how hard it is! Hang in there!
                          'I can honestly say, all the bad things that ever happened to me were directly, directly attributed to drugs and alcohol.' - Ozzy Osborne

Comment

Dying

put your faith in god,ask him for help.and belive he has alreay,in times of great stress,i think its important to know there is a greater force working on our behalf,this helps me alot. im sorry you are suffering so badly,myo is a good place to be .lots of support.we are all enflicted with the same problim,you are not alone ,(my spelling is not great )but you will get the gist .your worth more than what a bottle will give you ,as is your family.good luck tomorrow,will be thinking of you,

Comment

Dying

I know...

[QUOTE=Dreamweaver;684229]I'm new but I had to post! I, too, am sick most of the time. I am a morning drinker. I throw up the first drink, but after that it stays down. I just had 48 hours AF but gave in to the cravings. For the nausea and diarrhea (I know TMI) try the BRAT diet (bananas, rice, applesauce, and tea/toast). It really helps settle the stomach. I am going to try, again, to get more than 48 hours AF. I know how hard it is! Hang in there![/QUOTE

Glad you posted. We can fight together. I know there is more to life than passing out and coming to. Our own bodies know that. But as some other poster pointed out ? its that primitive part of our brains that knows no logic ? I think s/he said it knows only eat, sleep, and procreate ? that responds to the booze. The tail wags the dog. I hope to try one of those anti-craving meds I?ve read about. I?ll know more tomorrow. Best to you.

Comment

Working...
                              X