back here again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

back here again

ok, here I am again, this is my new ID but i am still the old me, i am still under alcohol control and i hated myself for that.

but, now, starting now, i want to be AF and i want it for my whole life, i won't hate myself any more and i need your support here.

Thank you
    4 AF & 3 QS

back here again

Hi and welcome back. Sending tons of support.

So whats your plan? Are you on meds or supps? For me I had to make a written plan to stay busy. What I was going to try and what I wanted to accomplish from day to day. It didn't always work and I am only now finally getting it. But it helps to know what you want to do. Its when I had too much time on my hands that I would get in most trouble.

Wishing you strength as you start your journey. You can't fail in life unless you quit.

:l
    Ak
    :flower: I'm not as good as I'm gonna get, but I'm better than I used to be.

Comment

back here again

Thank you AK, in fact i don't have any plan, and i don't have many things to do here, most of my times are idle. but, i want to quit cos i can't stand myself any more. i just want a new life for myself...i will get on here everyday, just to remind me that i quit drinking
      4 AF & 3 QS

Comment

back here again

Logging on here is a start, but you will need more. Have you read the book? It is awesome and will give you a better idea of what you will need to consider trying. You will have to have a plan and work hard. It will not happen if you don't. Believe me I know. I had everything in place. The meds, supps and even the CDs. But I didn't stick with it and just kind of gave up. I didn't work the plan so the plan didn't work.
        I am in kind of a remote area and we have alot of time that it is too cold to do much. But you have to get creative. Make a project around you house, take up a craft, exercise...anything. Also, find a new drink of choice. Mine is ice tea. I carry it around with me just like I used to with wine.

You can do this but it wil not be easy, get tough and fight!!!

Comment

back here again

Hello avera,

Welcome! It is wise to make a personalized plan avera, one that fits your needs. You have taken the first step in deciding to quit drinking and coming here - but now what?
          Have you read the MWO book? Have you considered taking any of the meds or supps? You really need to devise a healthy eating & light exercise plan. And, most importantly you need to know and use the tools necessary to keep you on track. Check out the Tool Box thread for ideas. And please join us on the 'Newbies Nest' thread in the Just Getting Started section.

Give yourself every possible chance for success, you'll be glad you did!
          Best wishes!
          Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

back here again

Thanks Lavande... i live in a small country and i don't have credits card or paypal to get the book but i will make a plan to do exercise or anything just to stay away from alcohol, well, i don't drink everyday, but i drink when i am mad, sad, happy or bored.

i've been drinking since i was teenager, i know it's hard but i will make it this time.
            4 AF & 3 QS

Comment

back here again

PM me your address, I will send you a copy.

Comment

back here again

Welcome back!
                I agree with making a plan and working the plan. Can you get any suppliments where you are? I'll bump the Tool Box thread for you. Do have any special skills or hobbies? Best wishes for you!
                LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

back here again

Thank you AK and LTG i really don't know what to say but i really appreciate, with your support im sure i can do it...:l
                  4 AF & 3 QS

Comment

back here again

Avera, I believe that you want to do this. I say this because you are keeping up with your thread. That's a good sign :wings:
                    LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

back here again

yes LTG, i really want to get the control from AL, cos to much damages in my life cos of that. i can't ruin my life for it... and tomorrow i will quit smoking too.
                      4 AF & 3 QS

Comment

back here again

Avera, my husband I tried to quit smoking in November. It lasted two hours...LOL!! But we have cut back and will try again. Here's a couple of ideas to help you (things I did for us).
                        Got rid of all ash trays except the one outside
                        Had the cars cleaned inside and out and pulled the ash trays out
                        Deep cleaned the house with pine cleaner
                        Don't grab the smokes when leaving the house
                        Only smoke outside or in the garage during winter
                        Took a shower before bed as to wake up feeling fresh
                        Do you have family/friends around to support you?
                        LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

back here again

i worked in other ppl country here, so no family and my roomie is smoker...i know this going to be hard too...but, i want to do this, well, i really need a lot of courage to say it out..i want to quit with cold turkey but honestly, im scared i failed, or maybe i just go moderate? ohh i don't know
                          4 AF & 3 QS

Comment

back here again

Moderate with the smokes or AL? Do you have access to medical care? Glad to see you jumped on the new 30 thread. There is safety in numbers, you know...LOL!!
                            LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

back here again

LookingToGrow;684344 wrote: Moderate with the smokes or AL? Do you have access to medical care? Glad to see you jumped on the new 30 thread. There is safety in numbers, you know...LOL!!
                              LTG-moderate with smokes, no, no meds for this too...
                              4 AF & 3 QS

Comment

Working...
                              X