Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well

Hello All,
    I am certainly new to this and can agree to almost everything I've read. Life is pretty terrible right now. If anyone is from Illinois, USA (or anywhere) and wants to chat I would appreciate it. Briefly, I have lost my wife and chldren due to my behavior. I have led an AF life for a few months but today have decided to have a screw everything behavior. She has told me past behavior is the best predictor of future behavior. That doesn't work for me and I think is ridiculous. So, I look forward to participating and moving on to something. Campral did not really help, so I am hoping for guidance on supplements. I only know right now that I won't be spending thousands on an attorney and will put that money to good instead of evil (no offense to any attorneys ;-)

Thanks All!!!

Well

Hi Maslow and a big WELCOME!

Supplements that a lot of us use that help are L-Glut and Kudzu. I also find that fresh lemons in a glass of lukewarm water seems to help ease the cravings as well.

Keep reading and posting and best of luck to you. We will all be a huge source of support whenever you need us.
    Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
    :h

Comment

Well

Hi Maslow,
      Welcome.
      Just keep dropping by.
      We're all behind you.
      Stay strong for yourself and take care.
      Jackie x
      It could be worse, I could be filing.
      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Well

big :welcome: maslow you have found good friends and support here :goodjob:

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
        I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Well

THanks everyone for the replies. I am sitting with a glass of lemons in water and dealing with all the crap in my head. Of course, not seeing my children is killing me quicker than drinking ever could.

Comment

Well

Hi Maslow.
            It sounds like you are having a rotten time all round just now? I am sorry to hear that.
            I know at the moment it must feel overwhelming, but it will get easier.
            Keep strong and stay close to the site.
            All the support will really help you in the early days.
            Starty.
            Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
            Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Well

Hi Maslow,

You've been AF for months? I am in awe dude. The best I ever did was three weeks. You had a bad day. I respect you man because you've done a lot better than I have. You know you can go months. I don't have that proof. But I am trying again anyway. Be well.

Elpis

Comment

Well

Just stopping by to say hey to everyone and let's (hopefully) keep up the good work. One bad doesn't ruin everything, but sure can feel that way. Have a good Saturday. I think I am going to try and find L-Glut today as the cravings are still with me.

Comment

Well

Hi Maslow. Just wanted to say welcome. The battle with AL is tough but well worth the fight. L-Glut can help. For me it wasn't magic, but it helped. I still have to want to be sober more than I want to be drunk.

Strength and hope to you,

DG
                  Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                  Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Well

I hope everyone is having a decent day. Mine is so-so, but could be a lot worse. For those of you who have tried L-Glut, I would be interested in the amount(s) you have taken. I was only able to find 500mg so far and it's in a tablet form not a capsule. Thoughts are greatly appreciated. I go back to AF tomorrow for hopefully a lifetime and want to have all my resources ready to roll. I may even try the Campral again as I have refills available.

Comment

Well

Hi Maslow.
                      I take Lglutamine in powder form and I take a teaspoon at a time dissolved in water. Thats about 5000mg. When I was first af I took it twice a day and if I was craving I would put a bit of powder under my tongue.
                      Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                      Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Well

Maslow, Welcome. Hope you are doing better. The l-glut can be found at most healthfood stores that carry protein powder and other stuff for diet and bodybuilders. Powder is the cheapest. It can also be ordered from the health store here in 1000mg capsules.

Comment

Well

Thanks for the L-Glut responses so far. I only have the tablets (500mg) so I think I will start with those in the morning at 1000mg and another 1000mg until I can find the powder form. If an increase might be suggested, I would love to hear it. I do have a question for my new "friends" if I can call you all that. Should I share with my significant others my new approach or just let it play out? I am leaning to the play it out and hope for the best.
                          Sincerely,
                          Maslow

Comment

Well

Well this is just me, not a recommendation or advice!!! I've been taking l-glut for a little under a week now and I've taken as much as 12 grams - no side effects. I plan to take as much as I feel I need (but I am a pretty big boy). I read on one website that some take 30-40 grams. I have found no evidence of significant side effects at any specific dose. Not medical advice - just what I've done/found.

E-

Comment

Well

Thanks everyone so far for the information. I thik I may double up on the L-Glut to get started and go look for it in powder form. I still have not had contact wh my wife or children, so I continue to want to say forget it. Not the best mindset but I hopefully a greater one prevails.

Comment

Working...
                              X