1 day AF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1 day AF

first day AF...feel unconfortable. I don't know if im going to sick, or what...but im happy i made it...
    4 AF & 3 QS

1 day AF

WELL DONE!!!
    Sip a glass of water with lots of lemon and a sprig of mint -- it does help.
    Hang in there Avera -- onto Day 2 WHOOOHOOOO!!
    "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

1 day AF

Good job Avera! Try to rest, drink some water - you will make it - it's always easier once you get that first day behind you.

Good luck! Keep us posted.
      Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
      :h

Comment

1 day AF

thank you Deebee and Universal:l
        4 AF & 3 QS

Comment

1 day AF

Congrats Avera! Day1 is big. feel proud. :clapclap:
          Woman takes a drink, drink takes a drink, drink takes a woman.

Comment

1 day AF

Avera, well done!

Try and distract yourself and the time will pass! Have a bath, clean out a drawer or make something to eat. Anything to keep your mind off alcohol.

Why don't you write yourself a letter about why you need to do this. Then when you are feeling better and have a weak moment when you start thinking about having 'just one drink' you have something to look back on and remind yourself it's really not such a great idea!

Keep going and the days will soon add up.ODAT
            If alcohol made you happy I should be the happiest person alive! I'm not.

Comment

1 day AF

thx Puddy and Blue Sky...and now i decided to quit smoke too... starting now...well, it may be hard, but i can make it, just need lot's of support here...:thanks:
              4 AF & 3 QS

Comment

1 day AF

Congrats on making it past day 1! Drink plenty of water and gear up for Day 2!

My piece of advice is in my signature-Take it a day at a time.
                I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

1 day AF

you are on an amazing journey...it won't be easy peasy, but you are worth it.

you will have alot of emotions, so hang in and stay close, we are here to support you!

Comment

1 day AF

Good for you Avera - that's awesome!!!
                    You have taken a big step. Tomorrow morning when you wake up you will be so happy that you made it to Day 2. Let us know how you get on.
                    x
                    Amelia

Sober since 30/06/10

Comment

1 day AF

Hey Avera! Awesome on Day 1!! I agree with the others here before me that water and lemon is so helpful . It really is refreshing and keeps you hydrated...something we need after all the alcohol we've had in our systems. Just plod along one day at a time. You can do it! :goodjob:
                      When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.
                      -- Franklin D Roosevelt --

Comment

Working...
                      X