New member, new day.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New member, new day.

I just joined yesterday. I had four microbrew beers left and decided to end it on a good note... for the time being, at least. I've attemped to quit four or five times, ranging from a week to four weeks. I realize that no "last drink" is REALLY a last drink. But, even a failed attempt is better than none. A week dry is healthier than a week drunk, and at least there's a self awareness and desire, as opposed to denial.
    Well, here's day 1 AF, again. I promise not to drink today.

Matt
    "Run when you can, walk if you have to, crawl if you must, just never stop moving forward!"

New member, new day.

Hi TR and Welcome to MWO. You are absolutely right in what you said. All AF time matters. Recovery is a process not an event. Let us know what we can do to be of help to you.:welcome:
    "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

New member, new day.

Hi Matt, welcome to you!
      Lots of support to get you through here.
      Keep reading and posting, it really does help.
      Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
      Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

New member, new day.

Hi Matt and welcome,

I've been here less than a week and am not yet on the wagon but I am as close as I've ever been to making a serious shot at it (and in fact will do so soon). Get those suppliments. I've been on them for 2.5 days now and I really am feeling better (and I've long said those "suppliments" were for people with more money than brains). I don't know if the lift is physicial or psycological but it doesn't really matter - if I feel better I am better.

Comment

New member, new day.

Beginning day 1 of 7

:new:Trailrunner, I just joined yesterday and today I am start AF for 7 days. My mantra is I can do anything for "just" 7 days. I can't get my head around committing for longer than that. And I know I haven't learned moderation yet. So good luck to you and good luck to me.

Comment

New member, new day.

Well, I'll commit to seven days with you, alpenglow. Good luck to both of us!
            "Run when you can, walk if you have to, crawl if you must, just never stop moving forward!"

Comment

New member, new day.

Trailrunner and Alpenglow,

:welcome:

7 days is a great start.

Trailrunner, I laugh at your location info. I live in Alabama, too, and moved here from Loveland, CO. It seems no one wants to say they are actually from Alabama. :H

However, I am an army brat, hubby was in the army for 12 years, and after that he still moved with military contract jobs, so no place is home for me.

Glad you are both here and don't hesitate to ask questions or advice, someone will almost always be sure to pop on and help.

Cindi
              AF April 9, 2016

Comment

New member, new day.

Thanks trailrunner, I'll be thinking of you tonight when the sun sets and I am trying to figure out what to do with myself through the evening without a glass of wine or three. That's the hard part for me right now. I will be home tonight, and that will make it easier. I can't even imagine venturing out into an environment where there is drinking.

Comment

New member, new day.

I'm in Colorado. Not from here but got here as fast as I could.

Comment

New member, new day.

I'm with you, alpenglow. I'm lucky that my wife is a very moderate drinker (1-2 a week) and our evenings are normal spent home watching a movie. The problem is I love to drink while watching movies, like it's an event! But, it's no longer an event. After five or ten years of it, it becomes stale. Instead if it being and enjoyable buzzed experience, like in our youth, I'm counting drinks, getting tired, getting drunk and not even remembering the movie. It's become a daily struggle. Tonight I'll be sober, so I may remember the movie!

Comment

Working...
                    X