Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ODAT Saturday

hey, the day is almost over where i am and no thread yet

Anyway, Af for several days now, and still feeling very shaky. Scared about my heart. These symptoms always went away before. Joke is on me, I guess, except it is not funny.

Effing beast doesn't care if it kills me. Options--it dies, I live. I die, it dies.

Hmm, shouldn't be a tough decision now, should it? Only one option where part of me survives!
    I can't drink and pretend to be sane. I can't drink and pretend to be moral. I can't drink and continue to live.

ODAT Saturday

ODAT Saturday

Hi Sarah,
    We're all still here. But unusually in the UK. the sun is shining. We're proberly all out in the open air looking at this strange orb the sky.
    AF today. 32 days and still counting.
    Big snigger is my husband has a wee bit of hangover (he's not a problem drinker).
    I feel fine.
    Hugs coming your way.
    Jackie xxx
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

ODAT Saturday

ODATERS!!!

Hi sarah!! Thands for getting one going this AM or evening. Bessie is usually has this up and running by now but she has company in for their last 2 days and is caught up in that. Bessie, that you can mod like that with company is amazing to me. I'm afraid I'd have bottles in the closet by now and be in there with them.

I know all too well the shakey feeling having done that sooooo many times. Be gentle with yourself. Are you taking supps and drinking lots of water? Eat small frequent healthy meals. Try to not worry. Just relax and do things to distract your mind. Check back in when you get up tomorrow OK?

I'm going to a double matinee today. Noon is Easy Virtue and 3 is Food Inc. I'm thinking of a hamburger before Food Inc. as it may well be my last one. I'll let you kow!

JAckie, congrats on that one month!! That rocks!

Everybody have a good one and meet your goals!
      sigpic
      Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

ODAT Saturday

Going to a party tonight. Tomato juice all the way.
        I find it so much better having a laugh sober, than forgetting what on earth I said or did.
        Looking forward to dressing up, having a bit of a bop and waking up clear headed with the sun.
        Bigger Hugs
        Jackie xxx
        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

ODAT Saturday

I made it through my first Friday AF in a long long time!! Onto day 2.

greeneyes - let me know what you think of "Food Inc". I've been wanting to see that one with my daughter.

Today I will be cleaning house in all aspects.
          AF/SF - November 23, 2014

Comment

ODAT Saturday

Hello everyone... just a quick check in. After a long AF stretch, I drank wine last night with a lobster dinner. ugh!!!!!
            Back to square one for me but still have so many AF days behind me that I know I won't have a problem
            Best to all out there...I hope we can all meet our goals. I will not drink today.
            When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.
            -- Franklin D Roosevelt --

Comment

ODAT Saturday

I want to see food inc, but I have to wait til it comes out on pirate dvd in Kabul

I am happy my boyfriend is coming over tonight. He is really supportive. We're separated a lot by our jobs, so I had managed to hide it from him. He is supportive, that is, of me not drinking. I don't think he would be supportive at all if I continued to drink! He wouldn't want to see himself as a crutch for someone who just didn't quit, and I can't blame him.

has anyone here gotten a diagnosis of alcoholic cardiomyopathy, which is my big fear??
              I can't drink and pretend to be sane. I can't drink and pretend to be moral. I can't drink and continue to live.

Comment

ODAT Saturday

Sarah, try posting that in the general section with alcoholic cardiomyopathy as the title. You'll prpbably get more response. I think gent was talking about that in chat the other night.
                sigpic
                Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

ODAT Saturday

Hi Im new but this seems to be a place to start i like the title. Im a hopless case but ill hang around a bit .... hopefuly that will change and ill leave sober Ive joined up with the every thing package I get the free Kuduz stuff and Ill read the book has any one used it does it work???. By the way the avartar is a dancing prozac pill ... Im not on the stuff but the misses is

Thanks Reggy

Comment

ODAT Saturday

Welcome Reggy! Glad to have you here with us.
                    When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.
                    -- Franklin D Roosevelt --

Comment

ODAT Saturday

Welcome Reggie your in the best place not sure what to do on here myself but keep reading and keep posting. When ever you feel a bit twitchy just remind yourself how bad it can get :welcome:
                      They say that time changes things, but you actually have to change them yourself. Andy warhole

last drink 3rd August 2009

Comment

ODAT Saturday

Hi Reggie,
                        keep popping in. you'll soon get the hang of it.
                        lots of good,wise,supportive people here.
                        don't be frightened to ask anything.
                        Hugs Jackie xxx
                        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

ODAT Saturday

Welcome Mstall and weldone on your new found Af status keep up the good work:welcome:
                          They say that time changes things, but you actually have to change them yourself. Andy warhole

Comment

ODAT Saturday

Hi Jackieclare

Well done on your 32 days sober bet it feels good. mmmm Tomatoe juice just popping to the shops never had that in ages :goodjob:

Comment

ODAT Saturday

Sarah

Well done for not picking up. Your heart palpitations could be due to were you are you may need more re-hydration than most of us. I have been a bit shaky and off my food but that too could be the heat. Have a nice night with the boyfriend You will survive oh as long as i know how to live .........................................fell a dance coming on:h

Comment

Working...
                              X