48+ hrs AF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

48+ hrs AF

Went to a friends B-day party last night during my second day of sobriety and was successful! I even turned down a beer from my friend! Starting day 3 and feeling great. Except I was out of it, mentally, all day yesterday, making two big mistakes by totally forgetting things I would have normally not. Is this a symptom of withdrawl? It was totally out of character for me.
    "Run when you can, walk if you have to, crawl if you must, just never stop moving forward!"

48+ hrs AF

Trailrunner;688393 wrote: Went to a friends B-day party last night during my second day of sobriety and was successful! I even turned down a beer from my friend! Starting day 3 and feeling great. Except I was out of it, mentally, all day yesterday, making two big mistakes by totally forgetting things I would have normally not. Is this a symptom of withdrawl? It was totally out of character for me.
    Hi Trailrunner,
    Your head will be a bit out of sync for a while, but when you get it back things will be so much clearer, sharper and well defined; like watching HD television instead of a fuzzy old B&W portable.
    Good job staying away from the booze last night. That's another hurdle successfully overcome.

Comment

48+ hrs AF

:goodjob: trailrunner in not drinking at your friends birthday party,but as it is very early days yet,mabe if you could give partys of any sort a miss, for a while at least.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
      I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

48+ hrs AF

That's awesome Trail...i hope i can as strong as you when im in my friend bday party...
        4 AF & 3 QS

Comment

48+ hrs AF

Hi Trailrunner,

You're on Day 3, great, good for you
          Don't worry about the 'air head' thing, it gets much better. I also quit smoking and boy does that ever mess with your head......
          Please feel free to visit the 'Newbies Nest' thread, there's lots of folks there just beginning the journey and lots of us that have some time under our belts.

Wishing you continued success,
          Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

48+ hrs AF

Congrats on 3 days Trailrunner,

Lav called it the "air head" thing. I call it my "cottonball" head. I also had to make list of things I wanted to get done that day. Some of it is part of the withdrawal and some of it (for me) was just getting back in the practice of doing things af.

Hang in there. You're almost over the worse and it does get better!
            AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

Comment

48+ hrs AF

Trailrunner, great going on day 3!
              Each time you manage to get through any situation, you will get stronger.
              You might feel out of sorts for a while. Your body and mind are going through some big changes just now. They will settle soon....
              Well done!
              Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
              Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

48+ hrs AF

Trailrunner;688393 wrote: Went to a friends B-day party last night during my second day of sobriety and was successful! I even turned down a beer from my friend! Starting day 3 and feeling great. Except I was out of it, mentally, all day yesterday, making two big mistakes by totally forgetting things I would have normally not. Is this a symptom of withdrawl? It was totally out of character for me.
                Congrats!!! I've got a simular situation tonight. What did you tell them? Did say, "No thanks, I'm an alcoholic!" Or did you do with some version of what I plan on... "No thanks - that s... is posion! (actually, I think I will plead gastritis - which isn't a lie).

E-

Comment

48+ hrs AF

I just said "I'm not drinking tonight 'cuz I've got stuff to do early in the morning" which wasn't a lie. There's ALWAYS something we all should be doing, maybe exercise!
                  "Run when you can, walk if you have to, crawl if you must, just never stop moving forward!"

Comment

48+ hrs AF

Be strong tonight Elpis! None of them are living your life so don't let them make your decisions. I also like to think that when I'm sober around people who are drinking, I kind of have an inside view. I have a clearer mind, make better decisions, and better conversation! I enjoyed last night more than normal (i.e. when I'm drunk).

Comment

Working...
                    X