X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi

:new:

Hi there,

I'm new to this and still finding out how the site works. At the end of day 2, and wanted to say hello. I wrote in under the newbies nest forum as well.

Regards, Sunbird

Hi

I know I posted a hello on Newbies Nest, but I'll say hello again. Welcome Sunbird and great going on day 2 - you'll find loads of support here!
    Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

Hi

Thanks Vlad,

Good to hear a voice out there!
      Sunbird

Comment

Hi

Welcome Sunbird, it's my 3rd day and Good luck to you....
        4 AF & 3 QS

Comment

Hi

Hey Sunbird, I'm right there with you. I'm on day three of a seven day commitment I made with Alpenglow, but I'm very eager go far beyond 7. It feels like a savings account that you just keep depositing into each day. Funny though, if you make a withdrawal, you loose it all. Back to day one. I'm almost positive I may be in it for the long haul. I feel too good about the control I now have over my life sober to ever want to through it away for what really only amounts to just a sip. What good will a taste of beer or a drink do us tomorrow morning. Or the next. It gives us nothing, but takes away everything. I'm not very far yet, but I look forward to depositing alot more days in my account!
          "Run when you can, walk if you have to, crawl if you must, just never stop moving forward!"

Comment

Hi

Welcome Sunbird! Trailrunner and Avera this is day 3 for me too. I'm just trying to get another day in my "savings account." I like that analogy! Good luck to everyone! I still feel shaky, how about you?
            'I can honestly say, all the bad things that ever happened to me were directly, directly attributed to drugs and alcohol.' - Ozzy Osborne

Comment

Hi

Hello guys and welcome. Great to see you all here supporting each other. Well done to each of you on your AF time. The first few days are the hardest but it does get easier. This is a great site, nobody passes judgement and you will find we all help each other through the tough times. We have all been there and this battle can be won.
              Keep safe
              KTAB
              Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Hi

:thanks:

To all of you for your love and support, I am really so grateful! Was a bit shaky yesterday on day 1, but was feeling really sick from the night before! Today I seem to be much better-hope it lasts. Hang in Dreamweaver, and lets all let each other know how we feel tomorrow morning? Keep going all of us!
                :l Sunbird

Comment

Hi

Hey Sunbird, it sounds like a lot of us are on the same page. Be good to yourself and let's try to draw strength from each other.

Comment

Hi

Welcome Sunbird :welcome: and also welcome to Trailrunner, Avera, and Dreamweaver.

The first week maybe a little rough but it does get easier. There is a toolbox thread in the monthly abstinence section that has lots of great advice on dealing with cravings and making an af plan. There is also lots of support here.

Once again, welcome to all of you!
                    AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

Comment

Hi

how do I get to the toolbox, lilmea?

:thanks: lilmea and mtntop

How do I navigate to the monthly abstinence page with the toolbox

Comment

Hi

Morning everyone,

Day 3 and still feeling strong! Not sleeping that well though-any suggestions?

How are you all doing today?
                        Sunbird:l

Comment

Hi

Hi Sunbird, Great going on Day 3!
                          Your sleep patterns will sort themselves out over time but there are a few things you can try e.g. melatonin, keeping simulants like caffeine and nicotine to minimum, breathing or meditation exercises and chamomile tea to name but a few.
                          Oh and here is the link to the toolbox thread you asked about https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html
                          Have a great day!
                          Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                          Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Hi

Hi Sunbird,great going day 3.
                            I'm on day 37 AF and still not sleeping very well. Even took a seasickness pill 'cause it causes drowsiness!
                            Ask your chemist for any non-addictive sleeping aids.
                            I'm going to try Kalms,I think Vlad suggested them in another post.
                            Just rest when you can,be kind to yourself.
                            We're all behind you.
                            Cyber Hugs,
                            Jackie xxx
                            It could be worse, I could be filing.
                            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Hi

:thanks:

Jackieclaire and Startingover.

The toolbox is Awesome!!

I'm going to read through all the info and advice. Thanks again.

Sunbird :l

Comment

Working...
                              X