Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought it was easy !

Well, I have egg on my face.

I went two hours short of twenty four days AF. God knows why I cracked because it was all going so very well. In short I thought I had it well and truly beaten, but the little voice in my head told me it would be OK to have a few social drinks..and it won. The result was that I had a little too much to drink last night. My wife is disappointed, but as I said to her, not as disappointed as I am !

I thought it so easy, so now I start all over again.

I thought it was easy !

Hi Timpin! Yep, I think thats quite a common feeling to think we can have the odd one or two. At least now you know and you can avoid triggers or circumstances where you dont feel terribly strong.
    May I suggest that you write about how you feel right now? It might help you if you feel weak again.
    BUT never forget you have 23 days AF and that is GREAT!!
    Well done.
    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

I thought it was easy !

Hi Timpin, we all make mistakes, you have done so well, don't discount your sober days, try and learn from your slip. I have had so many and each one has been a learning curve.
      Best of luck.

Comment

I thought it was easy !

dont beat yourself up .. just take it as learning .. dust yourself off and start again stay strong and keep thinking positive
        :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
        best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

I thought it was easy !

That happens to most of us Timpin, but look at it as a lesson learned.
          24 days with one hiccup.
          Well done.

Comment

I thought it was easy !

Hey Timpin - same thing happened to me - got 23 days under my belt and got cocky - boyfriend was upset with me as well. I thought I could just have 1 or 2 - I guess I learned that lesson. Jump back on the wagon with me - I'm back to day 11 now and this time and determined to get in my 30 days (and beyond).

It happens to the best of us.

Keep smiling,

Uni
            Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
            :h

Comment

I thought it was easy !

agreed it is a lesson that happens to many.
              my advice is jump right back on the wagon.
              it was one small slip, don't give up entirely.

Comment

I thought it was easy !

I think the main thing is that we can't get 'cocky' - happened to me as well, I thought "I can handle drinking again" then WHAMMO back to where I started again.

Learn from your mistakes - but also congrats on 23 days
                It's time I put my big girl pants on. :grannypants: I hope they fit.

Comment

I thought it was easy !

Just jump right back on the wagon and start over; don't beat yourself up. You did GOOD! You can do it again friend!
                  I've been walking, a long and crooked path. Come my restoration, wash my body clean...

Comment

Working...
                  X