Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ODAT Monday 10th August

Hi ODATERS!

Well my holiday is over, my mother's visit is over and my birthday is over and a meal out with friends is over......NO MORE EXCUSES! It's time to get my act together and get some AF time behind me!

In my defence I would like to say that although I have been drinking most days I have not drunk to the former levels that I used to. Last night I had a very moderate 3 small wines with my meal and feel quite proud of that. When I got home I ignored the beast wanting to have a glass or 2 of wine and went to bed with a cup of tea!

Wishing you all an AF Monday!
    If alcohol made you happy I should be the happiest person alive! I'm not.

ODAT Monday 10th August

I'm here too - yesterday was AF so no reason why today shouldn't be as well.
    Have a good day everyone, see you all later
    Sooty

Comment

ODAT Monday 10th August

Hi Sooty and Blue sky and all to come,

Good for you Blue for ignoring that voice to have another glass of wine.. And sooty for your Af day. I am on day 12 and have to go to work today after being off for almost 4 weeks. It will be hard, not sure if I will make it through the entire day without slumping over my desk but I have worked out a plan with my boss so If I need to leave early then so be it. Baby steps back into work for me.

I intend for today to be Af as well - I am not 100 percent sure that my doctors diagnosis is 100 percent accurate and I just don't feel like confusing symptoms with dehydration etc from AL. Besides to be honest, the thought of AL right now kind of makes me nauseous - bonus little side effect!

Have a great day guys, Iw ill check in later.
      Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
      :h

Comment

ODAT Monday 10th August

ODATERS!!

Don't you love Mondays?! Mondays mark the beginning. Mondays are clean slates, full of promise and determination and a drawer full of big girl pants. Bring it on!!

GO FOR THE O!! (I'm going to peek at drink trackers tonight )
        sigpic
        Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

ODAT Monday 10th August

Good morning/afternoon evening all!

I finally had some decent sleep last night! yippee! The benedryl worked!

Onto day 4 AF!! Hope everyone has a great week.
          AF/SF - November 23, 2014

Comment

ODAT Monday 10th August

Hi everyone. Missed posting yesterday as i feel asleep on the settee at 21.00. My husband woke me and told me to go to bed. Crawled upstairs and fell into it with my clothes on and was still like that at 08.00 this morning. The sleep has finally come back after 1 week with avevengeance. But it was a sober sleep which makes all the difference.

Yesterday was weird. Was on the settee reading my book and we decided to go out for a bit to eat, staying in far too much and feel if i get out and about i recover quicker and staying in on the computer all days is not good. I had agriphobia for a while in my 20's and never want to experince that again. When i stood up i had a dizzy spell and that lasted all day. Felt like Ozzy Osborne was really concerned incase i had done some permanent damage. Kept staggering to the right all the time.

Went for a bite to eat and spent our last Turkish Lira. (my idea after all what are ATMs for)Went to the ATM machine and the card wouldn't work. Never even had bus fares home!!!!!! Hubby was convinced i had spent all the money. Anyway luckly he had 40 pounds in English money that we got changed after walking bloody miles. Everyone had shut up shop and went to the beach with it being Sunday and so warm.

Got home and rang the bank -they had stopped the card as a security precausion. I have only been here 3 years and used the same bloody card. So they have lifted the block.
            Could feel Hubbas eyes on me all the time using the phone-of course him thinking the worst
            :goodjob:

Still feel good today didnt drink on it
            wish you all well
            They say that time changes things, but you actually have to change them yourself. Andy warhole

last drink 3rd August 2009

Comment

ODAT Monday 10th August

Good morning. It seems as though we did well over the weekend not getting knocked off the hard road. It is not the workday I had planned on today and this is good, I need to not only take care of things at home but have some time to appreciate them. If you read this, Mica, I was with you in White Knuckle City last night. I still have the fingernail marks. Today may we be not only alcohol free but unclenched. Love, Ladybird
              may we be well

Comment

ODAT Monday 10th August

Hey, I'm also on day 4 AF! Feeling great! It's nice to be able to wake up and go running, instead of having to wait for the effects of the AL to wear off, or spending all evening thinking about drinking cuz I can't cuz I'm doing a group run in the morning! I can definitely live w/out this crutch! I will not drink today! ODAT!
                "Run when you can, walk if you have to, crawl if you must, just never stop moving forward!"

Comment

ODAT Monday 10th August

Hi all. I'm on day 3 and love, love, love waking up without a fuzzy, hurting head and with full recollection. That's the thing about all these years that pisses me off the most, sometimes-the conversations I can't really recall.
                  Beautiful weather here and my son is home to visit so life is sweet right now. No AL for me today!

Comment

ODAT Monday 10th August

Hi one and all. Its raining and miserable here but I'm so glad to be AF and to go to my evening class without feeling rough.
                    Hope everyone is doing ok - one day at a time and we'll get there
                    All the best - see you later :l

Comment

ODAT Monday 10th August

Feel better today. No symptoms today that I can't assign to my cold. I still have no voice, still not done with my proposal, even though I told my boss I would commit hari kari if I didn't finish it today. But AF, that is the key. Still remember distinctly why I want to remain that way!

Andaz, good to see you. Greenie, love your energy.

It's late here, and I need to catch up on some sleep, so a happy day to all.
                      I can't drink and pretend to be sane. I can't drink and pretend to be moral. I can't drink and continue to live.

Comment

ODAT Monday 10th August

greetings from Philly - it is hot hot hot and terribly humid here. I am on day one again - had some wine this weekend - every day unfortunately Really want out from under this horrible crutch. I am hopeful...the wine is gone and I have no cash this week so no temptation there (how terrible is that?) I need to find the strength to stop this. I hate it hate it hate it! I LOVE the feeling of not drinking! But I always end up with a glass or two. I just keep praying! Here's to sobriety and ODAT! Have a wonderful day all. I iwll do my best to stay away from the AL!!!

Comment

Working...
                        X