X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My starting day.

Hi Everyone,

:new:

I am starting today. I need help. My daily intake has reached 360 ml of Alcohol having 42 % of concentration. I know this is too much. I promised myself I will get over it. But it has not happened. I know I am slowly killing myself. But nothing is working. I have moved away from all my alcoholic friends, seen my uncle suffer due to alcoholism (lever has finally given up on him). What should I do?

I hope I can stop it before it is too late.

I have got drunk at office parties twice. Some colleagues had dropped me home. I stopped going to office parties again because I realised everyone will mock me for my drinking habits. I may be very good at work but this habit has become the hinderance for any promotions. Because my bosses think I am not responsible enough.

I have driven 200 kms away from my home after getting drunk. I don't know how & why?

I have found myself waking on the roads many times. All my pockets would have been cleaned. I have lost my purse & its contents 4 times now. So all my licenses & cards were to be found lost.

I leave my office at 9:00 in the night to abstain from drinking. But by 12:00 I realise I have crossed my limit. Next day, when I return to work at 6:00 in the morning, my body will be still stinking of alcohol. I now know I should not think of limits. The limit should be zero alcohol.

Hope, by proclaiming my problem here, I can set myself a action plan & actually stick to it.

My starting day.

Welcome! You have come to a great place. Lots of support, inspiration and help when you need it.

I'm fairly newly sober and dont have a lot knowledge yet, but there will be many folks to follow me that can offer you good advise.

Take it one day at a time and hang in there with us.

Sober feels so good, even on not so good days. I wish you strength and hope!
    AF/SF - November 23, 2014

Comment

My starting day.

Starting day

Akshayks295

Every day will get easier, The 1st day is the hardest hurdle and come the witching hour every bit ofstrength youve got, you must use, get past this day and tomorrow we can start again.
      1 day turns to 2 then a week. Give me a reply tomorrow and I will be praying every minute until then.

See you the other side of tonight

Comment

My starting day.

:welcome: just like to give you a big welcome,you are in a good place with lots of support and great peoplekeep in touch

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
        I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

My starting day.

Thanks for the support

Thanks Mstall, Johnboy & Mario,

Thanks for the support.

Hope, I can stay away from alcohol today.

Comment

My starting day.

:welcome: You have taken that firs step. It's not easy, but try for one day alcohol free. You will see how good it feels the next morning. The best to you on your journey
            When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.
            -- Franklin D Roosevelt --

Comment

My starting day.

Akshayks295
              ditto what everyone else above has said
              try to read as many diff threads as you can
              check out the toolbox thread on top of monthly moderation thread
              lots of good stuff in toolbox for people just starting out..

Comment

My starting day.

Welcome! There is a lot of good stuff here. I am a newbie too. I can't count how many times I have lost my purse, wallet, ID, keys etc... I'm just trying to get through the day without a drink. Maybe, we can do this together.
                'I can honestly say, all the bad things that ever happened to me were directly, directly attributed to drugs and alcohol.' - Ozzy Osborne

Comment

My starting day.

:welcome:

I'm also a newbie, only 5 days AF. You have come to the right place. These people are incredible. Best wishes, and I hope to see you here everyday.
                  Love,
                  Sunbird

Comment

My starting day.

Completed First Day successfully

Thanks friends for the support.

First day in maybe 3 years that I did not have Alcohol.

Status: Did not get sleep till 5 in the morning. Felt Hungry all night. Gobbled up noodles like hell (3 family pack). Got to office late. But mind feels happy.

Let me now hope I can get past Day 2.

Comment

My starting day.

Well done with your success for day one. You can do day 2, you have lots of support and wishes for your success.

:goodjob:
                      I love you, I'm sorry, please forgive me, thank you.

Comment

My starting day.

Hi, Sunbird again.

Good luck for day 2, be determined and brave.
                        Love, Sunbird :l

Comment

My starting day.

Hi There!

Just wanted to tell you that you should be proud of yourself for this! Keep going,one foot infront of the other my friend!

Hope Day 2 is less exhausting for you and that the benefits become clear!
                          My thoughts are with you,
                          Chicken

Comment

My starting day.

Leaving for Home early

I am leaving for Home early.

Entire day the only thought I had was of my body craving for alcohol. I am losing my sense of calm. My colleagues were telling me that I looked inactive and sick. I got angry thrice for some silly unimportant matter. This has'nt happened to me earlier. People relied on me for any fire fighting issues at work. I think I am losing my mind. By the evening, I am not able to concentrate on my work. What used to take 5 minutes is now prolonging to 30 minutes. Keys on my laptop are not adhering to my fingers. Simple powerpoint presentation is defeating me. I am out of ideas & patience to complete the report.
                            My eyes are all blurry & my fingers are shaking. My lips, stomach & everything below it is feeling heavy from morning. I feel, I need to see my physician. So, I am leaving for Home too early.

I am afraid I will get drunk. But atleast I will be active for tommorrow.

God, save me from this thing. Give me courage to come out of this death hole.

Comment

My starting day.

Have you seen a doctor? It can be dangerous to quit cold turkey. A lot of people here have gotten medication to help with the first few days. Hang in there!
                              'I can honestly say, all the bad things that ever happened to me were directly, directly attributed to drugs and alcohol.' - Ozzy Osborne

Comment

Working...
                              X