Hi, first time here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, first time here.

I'm really sick of drinking. Went to rehab a year and a half ago and relapsed immediately. A few months ago I got sick and the doctor said I'd get cirrhosis and die if I continued. Managed to stop for a couple of months but nowadays I have a drink like once or twice a week (unplanned and I always feel guilty afterwards).

I don't get it. I'll get cirrhosis if I drink but I continue. I picked up marijuana lately and I know I shouldn't be messing with that and always plan to nip it in the bud (no pun) before sh!t happens.

Did a number of meetings but felt like the one that 'couldn't be honest with himself' and incapable of recovery.

The fact that I was able to stay dry for a couple of months showed me a better side of myself and gave me confidence in myself. I want to keep that and that's why I'm here.

Hi, first time here.

Welcome dma
    You will find lots of people here who understand exactly how you feel. Have you downloaded the MWO book yet. That's a good place to start. The Newbies Nest is a great thread for those just starting at MWO, but you are welcome on any and all the threads so just jump right in.
    Wally22:confusedmonkey::confusedmonkey::confusedmo nkey:
    If I don't want to brag but I can still wear the earings I wore in highschool
    November 2, 2012

Comment

Hi, first time here.

Hi DMA! There are great people here and a lot of support. I have been to detox a few times and checked out early (They couldn't make me stay) and went and got a bottle. You're not the only one! That's great that you were able to get a couple of months! You can do it again!
      'I can honestly say, all the bad things that ever happened to me were directly, directly attributed to drugs and alcohol.' - Ozzy Osborne

Comment

Hi, first time here.

Hi, dma,
        YOu are definitely in a good place to start your new adventure. You can do it. It ain't easy, and you have to want to do it for yourself, not for anyone else, but you can do it. Keep reading and posting, even if you aren't staying off the drink, because it really does help to "talk" to people who know just where you are coming from. And, we do. Good luck. :welcome:

Comment

Hi, first time here.

Hi dma,

Welcome! Have you read the MWO book yet and made your plan? The book is full of useful informaton to help you get started.
          You can do this but you really need to commit yourself to quitting to succeed. You have to want it more than anything!
          Please keep reading and keep posting, you will learn a lot. When you are really ready to commit, you will. Please feel free to join us on the 'Newbies Nest' thread. There's lots of folks there just getting started too.

Wishing you the best!
          Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hi, first time here.

Hey Dma,
            A warm welcome from me too!! Sounds like whatever you were doing in your few months off worked....and you really liked the way you felt! So, pick up where you left off. You have found a wonderful site full on people that really understand what you have been through.

Do read the MWO book and think about supporting your body with supplements, exercize and even medication if you feel that is the right thing for you.
            Look forward to seeing more of you.
            Amelia

Sober since 30/06/10

Comment

Hi, first time here.

:welcome: dma,you have arrived in a great place ,hope you stick around

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
              I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Hi, first time here.

Hi dma,
                You've arrived at a nice safe place,with good kind people.
                Stick around,read the posts.
                As well as the heartbreak that alcohol brings us there is an awful lot of laughs.
                Take Care.
                Jackie xxx
                AF since 7/7/2009
                It could be worse, I could be filing.
                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Hi, first time here.

:welcome:

Hi DMA,

You have done it before, proving it can be done again. All that has been said previous to my post about the site and the people are absolutely correct. You are in the best place to be, if YOU want to do it. Therein lies the key. I wish you lots of love and luck.
                  Love,
                  Sunbird :l

Comment

Hi, first time here.

A Great Big :welcomeMA!
                    When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.
                    -- Franklin D Roosevelt --

Comment

Hi, first time here.

Welcome DMA to this site. You can do it! You came to the right place. I made it 6 weeks (lost count on the days) will be 7 weeks on Saturday. And my bit of advice-take it a day at a time.
                      I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

Hi, first time here.

hi dma.like everyone said,your in a good place here.i know its not easy,but in the end life wthout drink is worth fighting for,be good to your body,and your mind,the start of recovery is honesty ,everyone is capable of recovery if and when they went it,make up wour mind what you want,and go for it .best of luck.x

Comment

Hi, first time here.

Thanks everyone for the support, I really appreciate it. This is the first time I've felt accepted in a long time.

Comment

Hi, first time here.

Hey DMA,

It sounds like you know you can... now you have to actually do it. Good luck friend!!!

E-

Comment

Hi, first time here.

Hey DMA, welcome from Texas, and later this week, Colorado! You have found the best, most safe place around. Everyone here feels just like you do, or have at one time or another! No shame, no blame, try to not feel guilty, it just makes you want to drink more! Easier said than done, I KNOW! This is a disease, you wouldn't feel guilty for having diabetes, or asthma, you can't beat yourself up over this. This sobriety is not for sissies, take it moment by moment, and be proud of yourself for each time you choose not to drink, we'll all get there together!
                              "Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending"

Comment

Working...
                              X