Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ODAT - Saturday

Morning all

Another day, another commitment to AF. Happy to wake clear headed and well rested. Today feels like a 'safe' day for me. There IS wine in the house (smack upside the head to OH - grrrr) but I am off very early in the morning on Sunday - driving a long way to an event that I need to be very clear headed for so I WILL have an early dry night.

Hope everyone else has a plan for the day and has a good day.

Bessie xxx

ODAT - Saturday

Hi bessie. good job on AF last night. Me too thank god. I am past the one week mark, which i can't quite believe. first time since my last child was born two years ago. I bought some vodka yesterday and stashed it, i do not know what possessed me. it's in my house, but i did not drink it. bought it 'just in case. just in case what i don not know.

but i am af today and totally happy about it and let it stay that way. here's to a sober weekend
    no time like the present

Comment

ODAT - Saturday

Good morning, all. Congratulations on another AF Day! I also made another AF day -- only number 3, but as it was a Friday, I'm feeling very proud of myself. Kept reminding myself how great I'd feel in the a.m. and here I am -- no hangover or remorse. It is a great day, and I plan to feel this way tomorrow a.m. as well!
      Have a great day! :l

Comment

ODAT - Saturday

Hi everybody, I made it too and I am thankful - I think it was to do with all the posts yesterday because I usually have one bad day in the week when I have not eaten anything at all and then drink the same amount and feel awful - its' then I have a rest for a couple of days - but yesterday wasn't like that - thanks everybody. Babysitting tonight and having to drive home so no chance of drinking and I'll make sure there isn't any wine in the house for me to have when I get in! Otherwise, don't know what my long term plan is - ideally I would like to do ODAT for a little while yet to let my body have a full chance of recovery from around 40 units a week for the past year! I'm going to try and log on tonight when I'm on my own to reinforce the argument that I really do need a rest - don't have a long term plan. What Cinders said yesterday has really stuck with me - I really don't like the damaged part of my brain making my decisions! Anyhow speak later - hope we all get what we want out of today.

Px
        Short term goal 7 days AF

Comment

ODAT - Saturday

ODATERS!!!

Ya gotta love all this determination! Aren't you just SO proud of yourselves? I am. Every body is talking to each other and getting through the days ODAT.

Skinny cow, put on your big girl pants and pour the voddy down the drain. Right now!! You know that is nothing but danger in a bottle. I am so excited for you making a week!

I saw Harry Potter movie yesterday. Holy shit! the matinee and a small drink and popcorn and it was $18!!! Last weekend at the little independent theatre I spent $17 and saw TWO movies. Geez! How do kids these days afford to date?

Nothing planned this weekend. I like those that I get to sort of wander through. They usually end up with fun, unusual things. Probably more because of the absence of AL in my life than the absence of plans.

Have an unusual day!
          sigpic
          Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

ODAT - Saturday

WOW!! Look at us!! We are doing it one day at a time!!!
            Today is a great day and hubby and I are going to hit some garage sales! It's going to be one of those hot days here ... 90 maybe? I need to find a swimming pool to jump into!
            Skinny: I agree. Please pour the booze you bought down the drain. We must get rid of all
            the temptation we can!
            I hope everyone has an AF day today. Ahhh...doesn't it feel good?
            When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.
            -- Franklin D Roosevelt --

Comment

ODAT - Saturday

Morning All!

Waking up feeling great for yet another day. Today is day 9 and I am still going strong.

I am suppose to walk 18 miles today as training for my 30 mile MS walk in September. DOnt know if i'm really up to that but will give it a shot this morning/afternoon as soon as i get enough coffee in me.

Here's to a wonderful AF Saturday!
              AF/SF - November 23, 2014

Comment

ODAT - Saturday

Good morning North Americaners, Good Afternoon UKers, and Good Evening to anyone where it is evening (Australia?)

It is sunny here in my part of Canada and going to be another hot one. I had wine with dinner last night (decided in advance) and then had to trot out all my advice to others in order to stop after two. It worked, but it is a bugger that I still need all these tools. The message is, I guess, that I will never "drink normally" - I'll always need a plan.

Congratulations to you, Patricia - the first day is the hardest!! Are you using the Drink Tracker (bottom of the list of forums)? It is yet another little reward to see those yellow "abstain" squares with a zero in them adding up.

My love to everyone else - keep cool and sober.
                DG

Comment

ODAT - Saturday

Good morning ODATers,

I am happy that my post has helped some people. I know it helped me to realize what is really going on. It allows me to step outside that brain chatter and calmly and rationally observe what is going on inside my head. Remember, the thoughts won't kill you, just irritate you. Alcohol can and often will kill us.

Like Greenie, I don't have any major plans for today except to plan to relax!! I need some real down time. Work has been heating up and my cell phone has been ringing and ringing with different projects and each and every one who calls thinks theirs is the most important. So, today I ignore the cell phone, I will not log into my work e-mail and I will just enjoy hubby and pamper myself a bit.

I will do this without any alcohol. This time a few months ago, I would have been pouring vodka down my throat to get away from all the internal fears and angst. Today, I just smile at it all and know I can only do what I can do and that is all anyone can get out of me. If they don't like it, they can get someone else.

My hubby, on the other hand, deserves some special attention and love. Now that I can do. Especially because I am here and living in the moment with clarity. It is a good feeling.

I hope all meet their goals ODAT and have a special day in this one special day of our lifetime.

Love,
                  Cindi
                  AF April 9, 2016

Comment

ODAT - Saturday

Another fun day in Afghanistan. Only a few foreign troups were actually killed, and I don't know how many were injured, and it it truly tragic. But I hate the way the media focuses on their lives as if they were the only ones who count. Please say a prayer for everyone who died or was injured today. (Except of course the two perpetrators.)

Depite being af now for ten days, I woke up this morning with all the horrible shaky symptoms of bad withdrawal, minus the scalp numbness and my thumbs turning into claws. Around 3 pm I realized I have a fever, and I know that is not AL related. I hought my cold, which I thought was over was going south, and I headed over to the international clinic. Apparently I probably have some intestinal parasite. No desire to dring AL--drinking home made gatorade, My boss is really worried that I keep coming down with infections here. Hopefully eternal AF will turn the tide.

Congrats to all who did well and cheers to those who are still trying. I have to go lie down now.
                    I can't drink and pretend to be sane. I can't drink and pretend to be moral. I can't drink and continue to live.

Comment

ODAT - Saturday

Hi everyone, I am into my 7th week af and it feels so good. Thanks for your support Cindi, you are an inspiration, enjoy your weekend, you deserve to. Hope you soon feel better Sarah. Well done everyone on your achievments. Hope all have a good weekend.

Comment

ODAT - Saturday

Hi, It's brilliant that everybody is okay and achieving what they want - this thread is really helping. Still no clearer as to long term view - still not a lot of confidence in myself because I don't know what I want long term but hopefully clarity will still be there tomorrow morning and I'll tackle another ODAT day - I just keep reminding myself that I don't want the damaged part of my brain making my choices - might try and log on to chat this evening (its around 7.30pm here).

Take care everybody.

Px

Comment

ODAT - Saturday

Hi everyone - I posted on the wrong thread this morning! want everyone to know that I'm in on this seriously,and this time I'm getting to know folks. Cindi, your post yesterday was a great eye opener = I too want to give the 'good' part of my brain a chance . Patricia, I'm in with you. Off on holiday next week which is a bit unfortunate. Will have a problem with some friends on one day.. Need to be armed. This is day 2 for me - AGAIN! - will I ever learn? Somebody said that the fact I keep coming back is a good thing, I hope so as I tend to see it as a failure. Been reading LilBet's posts too - she's done so, so well.

Comment

ODAT - Saturday

Cindi - I keep meaning to ask, how long have you been AF? Have you had to try many times? Hope you don't mind me enquiring

Comment

ODAT - Saturday

Hi again everybody

Cinders mentioned drink tracker but I can't see it - can anybody help? Tyler good luck for your holiday next week. I quite often post on the wrong thread duh! - and then wonder where it is! Have been very tired today - actually went to bed and slept between 6 - 7 which is not like me at all. Feel bit flat but know that tomorrow I'll feel as good about myself as I did this morning - been reading a bit about the liver - apparently pulses and fresh fruit are good if you have a fatty liver - not sure if I have - had some tests last year in connection with possible high blood pressure and the liver was apparently in good condition - but that was a year ago! Hang on in there everybody!

Px

Comment

Working...
                              X