just starting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just starting

just starting unfortunately its not the first time but hopefully this is the last time I am so tired of what alcohol does to me and I don't know why I keep getting tricked by "one drink"

just starting

Welcome Joe,
    Just a quick hello. You're not alone. You've found a good safe place here.
    Keep reading the posts. Ask lots and lots of questions.
    Be kind to yourself.
    Jackie xxx

AF since 7/7/2009
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

just starting

:welcome:
      Joe, hi. You have come to the right place. We are all here for you.
      Love,
      Sunbird

Comment

just starting

Welcome, Joe- Hang in there, keep reading this site, everyone here understands what you're going through- MUCH LOVE
        ​​Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind ~ Bob Marley ~ Redemption Song

AUGUST 9, 2009

Comment

just starting

Joe,

:welcome:

Yeah, that "one" drink has tripped me up more times than I can say. I have never quit trying to quit and for once, I am finally getting some sober time under my belt.

Just remember to play the tape all the way forward past that one or two drinks to what really happens.

Hope you find success and support here. This is a good place with good people.

Also, if you can, I would read RJ's book. It is written about moderating but it also has invaluable advice for those who know they must abstain. I recommend it. For the cost of a bottle of decent wine, you can get the book.

There are several "newbie" threads you might want to read. I have found that finding a group of us that you are comfortable with is a big help when you need support and are struggling. There is the ODAT thread, the Newbie's Nest, and many others.

Look around and see where you feel most comfortable.

Cindi
          AF April 9, 2016

Comment

just starting

Welcome joerindge
            Just keep on trying and take care of yourself. One day alcohol free will turn to two, three....etc. but in the meantime it's only One Day at a Time. That's all we have. I wish you the best on your journey. We are here for you.
            When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.
            -- Franklin D Roosevelt --

Comment

just starting

joerindge;694753 wrote: just starting unfortunately its not the first time but hopefully this is the last time I am so tired of what alcohol does to me and I don't know why I keep getting tricked by "one drink"
              Hi Joe and welcome. I am on AF day 9 and am doing pretty well. My wife is happy with me. My kids have a dad again. I am just praying that I can keep it up. Please pray for me as I will for you.

E-

Comment

just starting

heya... yup! me too on trying, trying... giving up trying... then being forced (by me) to keep trying!
                it is hard to admit that one doesn't have control over alcohol or anything else for that matter!

i am nine days sober now and the only advice i have is DO stay close by this site!
                and when you think you have it licked... remember, you don't.
                you can do it again! i am on day 9 now. if i can go 9 days af ANYBODY can!

Comment

just starting

Hi Joe!

I echo the sentiments of others here. This site has been a great source for me. I can be completely honest with others on this forum and share my weakness and triumphs with others that can relate.

That "one glass" is always a challenge - which is why ODAT is so very true for us.

Please keep checking in for support. You can do it!
                  ODAT!

Comment

just starting

Hi Joe,,can't tell you how much this site has helped me and reading the posts during challenging times is key!!!! Just got through my first AF weekend in a decade...couldn't have done it without the amazing people here...I'm only on day 6 AF but it feels great. You CAN do it!!!
                    Every day is not 100%, however, it is 100% better than my best day of drinking..

Comment

just starting

One drink is too many and ten are not enough. As we all know, but forget to remember....DON'T TAKE THAT FIRST DRINK.

Everything I need is within me!

Comment

Working...
                      X