Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Navigation Breakdown

Well Hello All,

What a place huh? So many people with the same darn problem. Nice to meet you, despite the circumstances.

I just wanted to introduce myself and ask for your advice on how to get the most from the site....?
    Briefly about myself: I am 26, F, Have been a binge drinker since 13, have given up for an 8 month period around age 23, then as you tend to do thought well surely I could moderate! So back on the wagon until about 7 months ago when I then actually succeeded in another 6 months sobriety and found it such a rewarding time. For some silly reason 3 weeks ago to celebrate 6 months I thought I should start to drink again ( erm?)....

So here I am , not happy with my bruised self esteem.
    I am here to hopefully chat and share with others either through sobriety or moderation.
    Inspire and be Inspired!

Look forward to hearing from ya and would love your advice on how to best utilise the site!
    I am Perfectly Imperfect!

Navigation Breakdown

:welcome: gidget,it depends on what you want to do,moderate,abstenence,chat.there are lots of threads for you to chk out,take a little time and you will find the right one for you.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
    I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Navigation Breakdown

Hi Gidget - I'm pretty new here too. Keep messing up & coming back. :upset: Anyway - check out the Newbies Nest. Lots of great people there. That would be a nice play to jump in while you are learning your way around here.
      Happy to meet you!!!!!
      "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Navigation Breakdown

Hi Gidget,
        Love the name.
        Nice safe place here. Well done to you for recognizing that you have a problem with Alcohol.
        Just keep popping by, read the posts. You'll soon get the hang of it and start to recognize some of the names. Ask questions. Post when you want.
        Be kind to yourself.

Jackie xxx

AF since 7/7/2009
        It could be worse, I could be filing.
        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Navigation Breakdown

Hi Gidget,

I am new myself - ten days AF today! What can I say? I, and almost everyone here, have tried to quit many times before and not been successful. I don't know that I will be successful this time. I know that I am almost ten days successful and I believe that I can make ten more. ?Quien sabe? Peace be with and please join us on this often bumpy road.

Comment

Navigation Breakdown

Hello Gidget,
            I am still unearthing this site--discovering little treasures everywhere in the posts from others. I had alot of fun picking out a profile image, too!
            I am finding how cathartic and helpful it is to write and share about my personal experiences and feelings in what seems to be such a safe place. It has taken some courage to put it out there, but the response has been like falling into a big puffy cushiony cloud-- landing softly with no impact--just a soft catch and gentle rebound. I am grateful. My favorite analogy on this site is the swimming pool reference--can't recall where I saw it or who it was that wrote it, but think it was in the "Just starting out" category. Does anyone know where to find it? There is such wisdom and kindness here.
            Good luck and strength sent your way!
            "Tell me, what do you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?" Mary Oliver

Comment

Navigation Breakdown

Found it! The swimming pool analogy was a post by a special poster called "Irishlady" and is in the "General Discussion" category. Here's the link: https://www.mywayout.org/community/f9...pool-7887.html
              "Tell me, what do you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?" Mary Oliver

Comment

Working...
              X