Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Here

Hi All,

I just found this site and thought I would say hello. I hope to get some good info here and perhaps share a little of my own experiences with alcoholism. It's nice to find a place where at least the topic of moderation can be discussed. I have tried AA, and even did have one year of complete sobriety, but I always knew that after the year promise I made to myself, I would drink again. I've had some luck with moderation, but as I get older (54), I find myself wanting it (alcohol) to take up less space in my life.

I look forward to getting to know you all here and good luck to everyone.

mebill

New Here

Hi,

Welcome - another very familiar post. There are a lot of us around who just want the focus to be a lot less - you're bound to get lots of good advice here. There are a number of very sensible people around who offer a lot of good advice.

Px
    Short term goal 7 days AF

Comment

New Here

Hi mebill,

Welcome! This is a good place filled with lots of good people.
      You should check out the Monthy Moderation threads, you'll find lots of people there offering good advice.
      I'm one of those folks that just cannot moderate so I am now happily approaching 5 months AF. I owe so much to the MWO community, I hope you find what you need as well.

All the best!
      Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

New Here

Thanks for the replies.

Experience has shown me that being AF is much easier that trying to drink moderately. It is just so hard to understand why I seem hell bent on drinking moderately instead of completely stopping drinking alcohol. It's a hard thing to wrap my mind around. Nice to have a place to talk about it though.

Comment

New Here

Hi mebill and welcome,

There are plenty of people who moderate here and you will find loads of advice.

I decided not to because I want to be completely free of alcohol ,I do not want it in my body but more importantly in a way, not in my mind having had it at the forefront for such a long time.

Best of luck to you and :welcome:
          I love you, I'm sorry, please forgive me, thank you.

Comment

New Here

:welcome: mebill,you are sure in a great place,with lots of help and support here,i dont modderate myself,as i couldent do it.but there are great moderating forums here which you can join in:goodjob:

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
            I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

New Here

:thanks:

I am seriously giving some thought to at least trying to become AF. I guess a good place to start is today. So today I will be AF. In the past, I have usually remained AF Mon-Wed, then drinking too heavily Thurs-Sun. Weekends always end up being controlled by alcohol. It would be nice to have a sober weekend for a change.

Thanks again, I do appreciate you taking the time to post.

Bill

Comment

New Here

go for it wishing you all the best mebill and welcome
                :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
                best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Working...
                X