ODAT - Wednesday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ODAT - Wednesday

Hi everybody, Bessie I hope you don't mind . . . . . Day two again for me . . . . . I'll just keep trying and plugging away - this sad old brain has got to twig one day!

Px
    Short term goal 7 days AF

ODAT - Wednesday

Hi Patricia and all to come. I's a lovely sunny day here so I'm going to take my grandchildren to the park, will drop in later.

Comment

ODAT - Wednesday

ODATERS!!

Off to a busy day in and out of a hot little car. But strategically positioned in the middle of the day is a massage and the guy's wife always includes me in a nice lunch.

I'm still not quite right, but better.

Have a good one and if you feel wobbly, reach out!
      sigpic
      Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

ODAT - Wednesday

Hi odaters.

Greeneyes. glad you're feeling better.
        day thirteen for me. feeling pretty good today after a horrible day yesterday. didn't hit the bottle though so that is something.

it is POURING rain here. ugh. i hate this irish summer!!!

good luck all
        no time like the present

Comment

ODAT - Wednesday

Hi guys,

Patricia, thanks for starting the thread - good job on day 2.

Greeny, maybe the massage will help!

Paula, I'm jelaous! Enjoy the park. Skinny - good job on getting through a bad day yesterday AF!

I am on day 21 sober! - feeling really good. Something clicked this time. Even though my goal is to be able to have a glass of wine with dinner or a beer at a ball game once in a while, I know that I am not there yet and maybe never will be. I will deal with that bridge when I get to it. For now it is ODAT and AF.

As greeny says - Go for the 0!

Have a great day guys!
          Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
          :h

Comment

ODAT - Wednesday

ODAT

Day four for me really hope this time is the time, want to make it 90

Comment

ODAT - Wednesday

Hi everyone another dull cloudy day here in Dublin. Was raining earlier and more forecast for later. Yeah skinnycow what a summer we have had raining most days since July. another af day for me. Day 2 again i'm struggling but not givening up.

Comment

ODAT - Wednesday

Clear, crisp morning here. I’ll be happy to not drink today, I want to apprehend every minute with level eyes and a working brain. Love, Ladybird.
                may we be well

Comment

ODAT - Wednesday

Good morning from Ontario - the heat is a little less this am, and I gather will finally go off tomorrow.

Today is AF for me (day 2 like you patricia). Congrats Uni on 21- it's weeks not days now! all the best to everyone else for a successful day.

Comment

ODAT - Wednesday

I really hate to report to all you poor damp Irish folk that it is glorious here today - hot and sunny and has been for ages. In fact we could do with a little of your rain! Sorry!!

Went out with the dogs to the beach this morning to beat the heat - they had such a good time - the sea is warm enough to swim in. And then I got down to a load of little jobs and this is the first time I have been able to log on. Really feeling like a snooze in my hammock but I am SO bad at giving my self permission to relax - I'm having to fight my need to keep working every step of the way but I remember how many times the advice has been to 'be good to yourself' when trying to be AF so I know that is good advice. If I don't go down the hammock route I may just cycle down the road to the fantastic gardens that are open to the public. I have a season ticket and need some inspiration (and they do fantastic chocolate cake!!)

Have a good day all. It is shaping up to be a good, easy AF one for me (about bloody time too!!)

Bessie x

Comment

ODAT - Wednesday

Holy mackarel where has the week gone? I am on day 1 again. Did not fall off the wagon too bad, but enough to be a bit pissed off at myself again. Had a scare with my middle girl - she fell at camp and hit her head and we were in the ER on Monday all day. She is fine - hard head like me...and just as stubborn. OF COURSE I was so stressed out that I HAD to have a glass of wine...well, you know the drill. And I couldn't leave and open bottle in the fridge....OH! What a dumbass I am. Thank God she is OK though. And I am OK too. Learning over and over that I need to NOT HAVE IT IN THE HOUSE! I am not a moderator now, and I don't think I ever will be. I am so proud of all of you that have not slipped up like me. Back on the horse, damn it! Hope you are all well and I thank you for all the support!

Kat

Comment

ODAT - Wednesday

Hey everyone! Just a quick check in today. All is well, plugging away and it's day 30 for me!!! YAHOO!!! Went out real early this a.m. and picked 3 quarts of blackberries. I'll be eating some and freezing some for the long winter...a blackberry pie in the middle of January sounds awesome!
                        Hope everyone has an awesome day!
                        When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.
                        -- Franklin D Roosevelt --

Comment

ODAT - Wednesday

CAPA
                          We have ALL slipped! Don't be too hard on yourself and just get up and dust yourself off and keep trying. I'm glad your girl is not hurt too badly.
                          When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.
                          -- Franklin D Roosevelt --

Comment

ODAT - Wednesday

Well I can't quite beleive this evening!! Got myself nice and calm and set for an AF evening. Hubby ponders how nice it would be to have a gin and tonic as the sun goes down. I think no, but just shrug. No danger as no gin in the house. Except then he pitches up with two great glasses of gin and tonic (must've bought the gin today) and I think "oh well, I'll just have the one" but I take a sip and I don't want it, I really don't want it. He looks all disappointed that I don't want his surprise but I don't and I didn't and I am going to bed AF. Good end to the day. Go me!

Comment

ODAT - Wednesday

Wow, Bessie--you are one tough cookie! Way to hold on and hit the hay AF. I don't even know you but feel so proud of you and definitely inspired--thanks!

Capa--glad your girl is ok--scary! Just jump back in with us--I am just on Day 2 so you will be right next to me (and Firefox!).

New Beginning--what a lovely thought--blackberry pie in winter. Way to go on 30 days!

Joerindge--day 4--woot woot! How ya feeling? Hang tough--I will, too.

ODAT:h
                              "Tell me, what do you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?" Mary Oliver

Comment

Working...
                              X