Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Letting go of attachments

Hi all,

I am a professional LifeCoach/Business Coach and I felt that I owed myself, my family and my clients the biggest present I could give them to be totally present for them. I have been drinking alcohol for 25 years now and it had progressed to 3 -4 drinks per day and caused severe insomnia when I tried to cut down a year ago. Luckily, I have always kept up my nutrition levels and was not prone to binge drinking. As a result of the alcohol reduction, I am unable to sleep without taking Clonazepam which is a benozodiazepam and highly addictive. I have a prescription for Topamax that I filled and I ordered the MWO kit which hasn't arrived yet. This is my third day without a drink. I switched my exercise program to evenings to fill in the time I would otherwise be drinking and that has helped.

I look forward to the day that I can be completely drug free and be able to sleep normally again! Alcohol has robbed my pocketbook and sleep for a long time now but no more!!

I am very happy to have found this site which was recommended to me by a fellow coach.
    :new:
    Paul

Hi Paul,
    Welcome to MWO.
    Yes, sleep issues can be hard when alcohol is initially removed from the picture. But often that resolves itself after a time alcohol free.
    Well done on day three! Thats amazing.
    Exercise and other diversions are excellent for keeping boredom at bay and helping to relax us too.
    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Hi Paul,

Welcome, this is a good place!
      Lots of people here with similar stories. Congrats on getting 3 AF days under your belt.
      Please feel free to join us on the 'Newbies Nest thread. There are lots of people there just beginning their journeys as well

Best wishes!
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

:welcome: Paul!

Excellent start on 3 days AF (alcohol free)! Glad you found your way here and can now find your way out

Wishing you unbridled success!
        Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Hi Paul, and Welcome.

You will get all the support you need here, so stay close. Good luck.
          Sunbird

Comment

Working...
          X