Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

10 days AF, but bad tempered - advice pls

Hello all,

I thought I was doing ok, minimal withdrawls, until yesterday.

Physically I'm ok, but evenings from 5-6 is when I drank.
    I've been keeping myself busy, eating well, taking men multivitamins every morning.
    Now I find myself drifting into a terribly bad mood in the evenings, no reason, not thinking of drinking or anything, just everything is annoying me.
    I drink 3-5 litres of water and apple juice and still feel thirsty.

I have bought a snickers and twix to try tonight, I don't eat sweet stuff but am wondering if it might help.
    I nearly went out and bought a diabetes test in case. I nearly went and got AL to stop me being so bad tempered, but didn't, just hoping it will pass.

Anyone any ideas or similar ?

adi;698383 wrote: Hello all,

I thought I was doing ok, minimal withdrawls, until yesterday.

Physically I'm ok, but evenings from 5-6 is when I drank.
    I've been keeping myself busy, eating well, taking men multivitamins every morning.
    Now I find myself drifting into a terribly bad mood in the evenings, no reason, not thinking of drinking or anything, just everything is annoying me.
    I drink 3-5 litres of water and apple juice and still feel thirsty.

I have bought a snickers and twix to try tonight, I don't eat sweet stuff but am wondering if it might help.
    I nearly went out and bought a diabetes test in case. I nearly went and got AL to stop me being so bad tempered, but didn't, just hoping it will pass.

Anyone any ideas or similar ?
    YOUR BODY IS STILL GOING THUR ALOT OF CHANGES .. JUST HANG IN THERE IT TOO WILL PASS ..oppsy caps
    and yes as for sweets go for it ..as long as your not diabetic.. your body is craving sugar which al is .. so again just hang in there.. you are doing your body a great change .. live it and enjoy at that time of hour come to the site write, go to chat anything to keep you busy
    :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
    best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

What T said is true - yor body is craving sugar.
      A little chocolate always brightens up my mood
      It will get better, honestly!
      Keep doing the great job you have done so far - good for you!
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hi Adi,

Wine gums and Liquorice are good low calorie options. Everyone says that water with fresh lemon helps. I do mine with hot water, fresh Lemon and Honey.

If you don't have a sweet tooth, sour gums are great. If you prefer salty things, those salty liquorice gums are great--I think they are made in Holland. Fishermans' friend losengers also help, I get the aniseed flavoured ones.

Other than that, when 5pm comes around, I make myself a Tomato cocktail.

Over and above all this, get L-Glutamine and Milk Thistle from your local health shop, drink Lots of water and try to have an afternoon nap-even if it is just 15 min, you will feel heaps better. Hope my 2cents helps.
        Love,
        Sunbird xxx

Comment

Ditto the L-Glutamine!!! It has really helped me.

Comment

Working...
          X