Sad Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sad Day

I came in from gardening this morning and found that my twenty-eight year old parrot had died. He was a beautiful blue front Amazon who sang opera (and an occasional show tune); had long soulful one-sided telephone conversations; said a solemn ?thank you? when he got a treat; and made me laugh every day. He seemed just fine earlier, woke up happy, ate a big breakfast, played with his toys, talked about this and that, and went up on top of his cage to stretch his wings in the window and commiserate with the seasons as was his habit. He just must have died all of a sudden, just as simply as that, not a bad way to go. My other Amazon, a yellow nape, died in February at the age of thirty. I don?t have children, but I had these two silly birds half my life. In February I got very, very drunk as I did not know anything else to do. Things have changed, the lights are on. I am not going drink over this, it won?t fix a damn thing, it will make it worse, I?ll feel more alone. I just have to face the truth head on and feel what I feel for as long as it takes. He was a great bird, funny and smart, everybody liked him. I shall miss him for a long time. Go give your pets some love. Peace, Ladybird.
    may we be well

Sad Day

Im so sorry about your sweet bird. I lost my parakeet a couple of months ago. He was just a young thing, but we had bonded and i taught him to say peek-a-boo and I loved him so. I cried and drank that whole night.............................I work in an animal clinic and we have an African Grey that lives there and I have really gotten attached to her.................I know how special birds are and I know how much you are hurting..............Only time will heal your wound...................Just remember that you gave him a wonderful life and I know that you will see him again...........you will

Comment

Sad Day

Ladybird, I am sorry that your parrot has gone to bird heaven. You will miss him but you are wise enough now not to drink on this. Be good to yourself, maybe take on a new hobby to get you out of the house. Twenty eight years is a life time with a pet. Sending you hugs:l:l:l hope your pain heals.

Comment

Sad Day

I am sorry for your loss, Ladybird. You parrot was lucky to have your love and adoration. I am sure he is looking down from heaven hoping you will know what a good home you gave him. You will give another pet a warm and wonderful home when your heart is ready for it. God bless.

Comment

Sad Day

I am so sorry about your parrot, he sounds wonderful and an amazing companion as I sure your other bird was too. I don't have birds myself but I have heard that parrots are amazingly intelligent.

It's brought tears to my eyes to hear your news, we spend such a lot of time with our animals and they love us unconditionally. What an honour to have had the privilege of caring for two such beautiful creatures.

Peace and love to you.
          I love you, I'm sorry, please forgive me, thank you.

Comment

Sad Day

Oh Ladybird, I have no words that would be sufficient today for your hurt. I'm sending all manner of good thoughts and hugs your way though. I wish you strength and peace.

Comment

Sad Day

what an amazing bird and you have such great stories about him.
              im so sorry for your loss laybird...losing a pet is awful, it feels so sad without them.
              kudos for staying sober and let us know if you need any help getting through this tough time, k?

peace

Comment

Sad Day

sorry lbh.our dog got killed on the road last year,so i know your loss.

Comment

Sad Day

I am not going drink over this, it won’t fix a damn thing, it will make it worse, I’ll feel more alone.
                  LBH-I am so sorry for the lose of your beloved bird. :l But I am also proud of you for choosing not to drink over it. I know this will be a sad time for you. Please know we are here for you if you need us.
                  AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

Comment

Sad Day

Oh Ladybird,
                    My heart goes out to you. I lost my beloved dog Dylan, 5 years ago and there's not a day goes by when I don't think of him. He was a huge golden Labrador and he was 15 when his time came. I held his paw as he died. How I cried.
                    So sorry loss.

Jackie xxx
                    It could be worse, I could be filing.
                    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Sad Day

Ladybird,
                      So sad to read your post about your lovely bird . Your loving discription painted a picture of a real character...a beautiful, intelligent and funny companion.
                      Our pets enrich our lives so much with their unconditional love.
                      I understand how upset you must be feeling now. As you say, drinking will only make things worse.
                      Thinking of you.
                      xxx
                      Amelia

Sober since 30/06/10

Comment

Sad Day

Ladybird, hugs and hugs to you. :l:l:l How sad that is, to lose one of our dear ones so suddenly. I'm glad he didn't suffer from any long, painful illnesses, and that he had a good last day. My thoughts are with you.
                        "If you fell down yesterday, get up today." -- H.G. Wells

Comment

Sad Day

Pets are our family and I am so sorry for your lost.

Stay Strong!

Comment

Sad Day

Ladybug,

I am also very sorry for your loss.

Comment

Sad Day

Oh LBH,

I am sorry! I'm attached to my 23+ yr old cockatiel, they truly are part of the family.
                              Try to remember the good times you had with him. I'll bet you have some great pictures of him.
                              He loved you too!
                              Stay strong.
                              Lav
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09
                              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                              X