Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just starting out..

Hi there

Am a little nervous doing something like this but I need to start somewhere and seeing some of the messages here I can appreciate we're all here for the same reason, to change.

I'm at a stage that I have to take my first step and really admit I have a drinking problem. I never thought it was in the past but now recognise it's become a habit and a hold on my life. I'm a professional, married woman and feel like I've hidden it well to all but my husband who's an amazing man. Some days I seem to have it 'under control' but really I don't. I need help. I know if I trust in God and start the process I can change, but it seems really hard at the moment.

:new:

Just starting out..

You're not alone

Hi there,

Well, that makes two of us, I'm starting again today on Day 1 AF.

Strength to you!:thumbs:

Comment

Just starting out..

Like Many Here

Neversaynever,
      You're story sounds like lots of people here (including mine). Welcome! I'm only 3 days without alcohol, but it's been wonderful and I am so excited about doing this. I was gratified to see how many women were on this board--many of them in their 40s and up with careers and families, like me--who had "hidden" their problem for so long. The boards here have been SO helpful to me (I check them at least 3 times a day to keep giving me encouragement). The support here is wonderful. Especially encouraging to hear the many stories of people who were starting out and scared like us, and have successfully taken control of their drinking. So glad to see you here!

Comment

Just starting out..

Never - you have come to a wonderful place... The first step to making MWO work for you, is simply checking in!! My get so much inspiration and support when I am here...

Warrior, Im glad you are feeling so well... I read your first post when you started and I could relate so much... You already sound like a happier person... I hope to keep reading more about you and your progress...

Have a wonderful Sunday!
        God gives his toughest battles to his strongest soldiers...

Comment

Just starting out..

Hi Never,

Welcome and :goodjob: for getting yourself onto this site. We were all anxious and scared to start with, but with all the love, understanding, support and guidance you get here, you have every chance of success. Good luck, and stay close to the site, write often.
          Love,
          Sunbird xxx

Comment

Just starting out..

HELLO NSN AND :welcome:
            TODAY I AM GOING INTO MY THIRD STRIGHT DAY BEING (AF). IT HAS BEEN A CHALLENGE. WHEN I START HEAR THAT LITTLE VOICE I GO GRAB MY COMPUTER LOG ON TO THIS SITE AND TO READ GET INSPIRTATION UNTIL THAT LITTLE VOICE DISAPPEARS EVEN JUST FOR THAT MOMENT.

TODAY WAS THE FIRST TIME IN A LONG I ACTUALLY HEARD LAUGHING IN MY HOME IT BROUGHT TEARS TO MY EYES. MY TEENAGE SON AND YOUNG DAUGHTER CAME UP TO ME GAVE ME A HUG THEN TOLD ME THEY LOVE ME AND SMILED.

WE USE TO BE VERY CLOSE, BUT SINCE MY DRINKING GOT SO OUT OF CONTROL THEY DID NOT WANT TO BE AROUND ME WHO COULD BLAME THEM.

I JUST CAN?T EXPLAIN HOW IT FELT TO GET THAT HUG AND SMILE AND TO HEAR THAT LAUGHTER FROM MY SON AND DAUGHTER. THIS MOMENT IS GOOD.

WHEN ONE DOOR CLOSES ANOTHER OPENS.

4LOVINGME

Comment

Just starting out..

TODAY I AM GOING INTO MY THIRD STRIGHT DAY BEING (AF). IT HAS BEEN A CHALLENGE. WHEN I START HEAR THAT LITTLE VOICE I GO GRAB MY COMPUTER LOG ON TO THIS SITE AND TO READ GET INSPIRTATION UNTIL THAT LITTLE VOICE DISAPPEARS EVEN JUST FOR THAT MOMENT.

TODAY WAS THE FIRST TIME IN A LONG I ACTUALLY HEARD LAUGHING IN MY HOME IT BROUGHT TEARS TO MY EYES. MY TEENAGE SON AND YOUNG DAUGHTER CAME UP TO ME GAVE ME A HUG THEN TOLD ME THEY LOVE ME AND SMILED.

WE USE TO BE VERY CLOSE, BUT SINCE MY DRINKING GOT SO OUT OF CONTROL THEY DID NOT WANT TO BE AROUND ME WHO COULD BLAME THEM.

I JUST CAN?T EXPLAIN HOW IT FELT TO GET THAT HUG AND SMILE AND TO HEAR THAT LAUGHTER FROM MY SON AND DAUGHTER. THIS MOMENT IS GOOD.

4LOVINGME

Comment

Just starting out..

Welcome Never and mltp,
                Wonderful place you've found here. Good, kind people. Loads of advice.
                Keep reading and posting. If you've got any questions just SHOUT.

4lovingme: It's amazing how quickly the joy and laughter return to the home. Or perhaps it was always there but we didn't notice.

Big Hugs.

JackieClaire xxx

AF (alcohol free) since 7/7/2009
                It could be worse, I could be filing.
                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Just starting out..

4LOVINGME

Comment

Just starting out..

Thank you so much for your messages, so encouraging to share with people who though I don't know and don't know me we have something in common and I can learn from you all and also share with eachother. MLTP hope you and I can move forward from today.

Comment

Just starting out..

:hello2::colorwelcome::wave::groupluv:
                      :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
                      best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Just starting out..

I had so much strength to get through first AF day but it's all gone wrong, is irrational as nothing set it off just happened. I convince myself a bottle of wine doesn't matter but it really does, normal people can stop after 1 or even 2. I have had AF days in the past can get to a week at the most and then struggle or justify how well I've done. I know I am like a lot of people who drink as well and worry about the effect it's having on my liver and health. From the outside I am well presented, 30 something woman, on the inside I know I am tired all the time and am losing the person I once was. Any advice? This site is real isn't it, real people?! :thanks:

Comment

Just starting out..

All very real NeversayNever. Many of us are in the same boat, just wanting to find a better life without the use of alcohol. They say there is strength in numbers, so maybe we can all help one another. Take care and I am glad you are looking to make things better for you. I know I sure am.

Bill

Comment

Just starting out..

I know how you feel. I've tried so many times, I wonder sometimes if I will ever do it. I really want to. Reading here gives you encouragement, there are many who say that one time it will 'click' - I really do hope so, because I don't want to go on like this Tylyr

Comment

Working...
                            X