So thankful for this site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I cannot believe I made it through both a friday and Saturday night without getting drunk. It was by accident I discovered this site and I am so grateful. I knew I needed support, but AA is not for me and now that I have found this place I truly feel like I have a chance! What a Godsend this website is! I am really actually looking forward to the not drinking with a new attitude, and it is NOT a sense of dread, but a sense of relief! It feels so good to wake up and feel GOOD! Usually I would have woken up at 3am with this god awful thirst and gulp down several cups of water because i was so dehydrated. my head would feel like a stake was being driven through my skull................this is so much better! I actually spent the last 2 nites reading books instead of as a robotic beer drinking vegetable staring at the tv and not remembering it the next day................I am beginning to realize all of the time and money i have literally been wasting! I have not been living at all, just existing day to day. I want to live! I want to live this life and be a part of something. I want to make a difference. I dont want to be a drunk recluse that has dropped out of life any longer!

I just wanted to share the things that have been going through my mind this morning. I hope someone out there can relate. I am so excited about this journey! Thank you Roberta (and Allen Carr too!)................Thank you to all of the caring people on this site............something inside me has finally clicked!:H

Thank you for your post, Skittles. I can relate to so much of what you say.

Particularly the 3 am headache and parching thirst. Also, I've been trying to study and kidded myself that one glass of wine wouldn't hurt. Three glasses later, I had no idea what I'd been reading. Today is Day 4. Maybe my dog will actually get a walk after work next week since I won't be so focused on having to get home for that first glass of wine.

Comment

It’s great when the lights come on isn’t it, Skittles? You seem like a true sweetheart, and I wish you all the best, one day at a time. When much of our lives have been characterized by things done or left undone when we are drinking and then this is lifted even for a moment, I think we can never completely go back. We always know what life could be like if we find our way out. Good show, Maise. Love, Ladybird.
      may we be well

Comment

Skittles,
        I'm with you! It's such a great feeling to wake up in the morning and feel refreshed and cheerful, not headachy and grouchy and slight nauseous. Here's to many more sober evenings and non-hungover morning!

Comment

Skittles -

I agree with everything that you sad. AA is just not for me - I tend not to be the most social person to begin with and I'm not very religious. The thought of AA meetings just turned me off...but I knew I needed support to change my life. I stumbled across this website by accident too, and it is the lifeline I needed to make real change.

I never would have imagined that being sober could have such a change on my life - after being drunk was the "norm" for so long, I forgot how much better life can be. I feel like "myself" again!
          ODAT!

Comment

Working...
          X