happy and grateful to find this site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

:new: hi everyone! I just found this site today,and it looks good. I have had a drink problem for many years, and came off a 3 month bender 18 days ago. I'm still feeling awful though, with aches and pains in all my muscles and joints. I really hope I have'nt done irreparable damage to my body this time. I've been taking milk thistle, vitBcomplex, and calcium and magnesium. Any advice?

Hi there Samhadi.
    Welcome to MWO, glad you have found us.
    When I stopped drinking it took a while to feel ok again, nausea, aches, sweats. But the body is incredible so given the right environment it is excellent at repairing any damage done.
    I would simply look after yourself. So lots and lots of water to flush out toxins, good nutritious foods, light exercise and plenty of rest.
    How are you doing with cravings? I find Lglutamine and Kudzu really helped with mine.
    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

:hello2::colorwelcome::wave::groupluv:
      :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
      best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Interesting about the lemon, Sheri. When I drank and woke up with massive headache and thirst at 3am, I craved this canned lemon drink I get at the store. (Although lemon and water would probably be cheaper.) I guess my body knew what it needed, even though I didn't. Also, I found if I drink a couple of cans when I get home from work before I get a chance to pour a glass of wine, the craving for the wine diminishes.

Funny thing, I wasn't going to buy it the other day because a 12-pack went up to $5.99. But during the drinking days, I didn't flinch at paying $10 for a bottle of wine that only lasted one night! Gosh our thinking gets so mixed up.

Comment

And welcome, samhadi. I can relate to what you say about wondering each time if you've done irreparable damage. This time quitting is the first time I've really considered that possibility.

Comment

Hi samhadi,

Welcome, this is a good place
            Please feel free to join us in the 'Newbies Nest' thread. There's lots of folks there just beginning their journeys.

Wishing you the best!
            Lavande
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Welcome samhadi,

You've come to a good place and received good advice. The only thing I would add is not to expect too much of yourself and therefore risk becoming downhearted. What you and we are doing is not to be underestimated, and you will feel better.

:welcome:
              I love you, I'm sorry, please forgive me, thank you.

Comment

:welcome:
                Hi samhadi,

Take time to rest and let your body heal.

Drink plenty of fluids (obviously not alcohol).

Perhaps you may need a check up with your Doc. you could actually be ill not just hungover.

Take care and let us know how you get on.

Love Jackie xxx

AF (alcohol free) since 7/7/2009
                It could be worse, I could be filing.
                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Working...
                X