A 7.5 day pact :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A 7.5 day pact

Ah thanks Determination - that's really nice of you and encouraging.

I will check in with you all tomorrow. Big hugs for all
    Recovery Coaching website

"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." - Carl Bard wl:

Recovery Videos

Comment

A 7.5 day pact

Whoohooo.. spedtech! Me too! Day 19

How's that go??? "We're gonna need a bigger jar...?" :H
      Love the idea.. although I don't own any poker chips! Maybe Doritos will work? Nawwww... I'll prolly go eat them! :H
      Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

A 7.5 day pact

Marbles, shells, stones, pennies.
        I love the sound of that poker chip falling into the jar, hitting the other chips.
        sped

Comment

A 7.5 day pact

Congratulations on Day19 , spedteach and sunshine (or is it 20 by now)? Day 7 for me. I think the DrinkTracker is like my poker chip jar. I like piling up those little zeroes. And after 14 days, maybe 1s and 2s now and then? But I'm also trying to take some wisdom from all your experiences (and my own history and good intentions) and maybe need to accept moderation just isn't in the cards for me ever. During the day, I think "What do I need alcohol for?" But at night, after work, it isn't that clear. I don't know, but I'm still here trying to find out.

Comment

A 7.5 day pact

Congrats Everyone on another AF day!

I haven't yet used the drink tracker, but am going to try it. I also like Spedtech's jar idea.

Thanks for starting this thread Sunshine! I like the idea of breaking it up into little bits. Not quite ready to commit to 30 days. I did around 14 days (not sure exactly which is why I need a tracker) around the middle of July. Drank for a week then took 5 days off and didn't even crave my next drink when I drank one for the heck of it, however... Quickly I was back to 2+ bottles of wine consumed during the majority of the day.

However, it feels great to have 1+ days under my belt again. As much as there are times when I look forward to just enjoying some AF time, there are times I struggle to not have a glass of wine. Knowing I'm not alone and that there are others with me in this commitment helps a lot.

So, thanks everyone!

Comment

A 7.5 day pact

Glad you're joining us, TakeHeart!
              How are you pacters, this fine Thursday morning???

Maisie... have you tried changing your routine at night? Or, have you gone to chat when the witching hour(s) hit? It helps tremendously to get through that craving... and often I find, that after I made it through one, there isn't another for the rest of the night.

Comment

A 7.5 day pact

Just wanted to stop by and say keep up the good work!
                ODAT!

Comment

A 7.5 day pact

Having serious cravings right now, but a pact is a pact..right?

Okay...need to maybe get out of the house or something.

Thankful to be in all of your company. Left to my own devise, I would be going to the store for a couple bottles of wine.....

Comment

A 7.5 day pact

Hey all/ Welcome to the pact TakeHeart. No point going to the store when you can chat with all the lovely people here- just let me know if you want to talk.

I have started to feel better on Day 2 - still a massive headache and dodgy tum, but I was able to go to work and my mood has improved. I was very anxious leaving the house this morning, but feeling much better by the end of the day.

Ah it's all uphill from here (or is that downhill?!) I mean it's getting better!
                    Recovery Coaching website

"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." - Carl Bard wl:

Recovery Videos

Comment

A 7.5 day pact

Day 8 is nearly at a close. Even though the wine still sounds good, I feel like I've at least begun to break the pattern of drive home, open door, feed cats, open bottle, pour glass. (Yes, even during my heaviest drinking, the cats came first.) Just knowing you are all here going through the same basic struggle with variations does help.

I'm just so utterly tired. I think I used to come home this tired, but a few glasses of wine gave me an artificial energy. And I still wake up at 3 am with a headache, but a little headache, rather than a BIG headache. Two doctors I saw for different reasons out of the blue said I had signs of sleep apnea. One referred me for a sleep study about six weeks ago, but I still haven't received the appointment. Now I won't have to filter the information about the waking up and headache since I know it isn't entirely due to drink but may have other physical causes. I never imagined that I could have sleep apnea since I don't fit what I thought of as the normal pattern--not overweight or male.

Comment

A 7.5 day pact

Umm..can I join the pact?
                        I'm on Day 6 here and love the idea of dividing up my 30 day committment into 'bite sized chunks'!
                        Could we all go again when we reach d-day?
                        I'm going to give myself a small reward every 7 days af..something for me..ie:bath,massage,new magazine etc. Plus I'm also putting $5 in my tin every week I get through...to be a nice present for self at Day 30!
                        Chicken

Comment

A 7.5 day pact

oops, why is the little guy with the bat in my post? urgh
                          chicken *clucks with annoyance*

Comment

A 7.5 day pact

Count me in. I am on my first W/E af attempt in years. Weekdays are never are real problem for me, 7.5 is achievable.We do need to may commitments to someone Thanks and good luck:thanks:

Comment

A 7.5 day pact

sorry forgot to come on here yesterday. I'm still going with the pact - roll on september!!!

Comment

A 7.5 day pact

TGIF!

*wave*

Happy Friday everyone! Hope you are all going strong! Plans in place to make it through the weekend, I hope?

I'll be busy with horses and collecting/dropping kids, etc... shouldn't be a problem

Comment

Working...
                                X