pretty bad.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pretty bad.

Wow. I found out today that my husband got a DUI last Thursday. I have been warning him this was going to happen. I am so very happy that he didn't have an accident and hurt someone or worse. I don't drink very often but last night slipped. I am still sick. So here I sit still trying to convince my husband that we ned to make me major changes but he just got home and has alcohol on his breath. He will lose his job because it involves quite a bit of travel. I will get a job to help out which is great but I don't know how to get him to stop drinking.

pretty bad.

I am so sorry to hear of this dilemma you are in. I am generally of the opinion that you can not “make him see” anything nor can you “convince” him of anything. If a DUI and impending job loss due to said DUI is not enough then nothing you say will add benefit to the mix.

Of course my situation is not your situation but my wife (wisely) never pushed me. She just lovingly carried on despite my shortcomings and all the while she knew that I knew the score. She took care of business while I was the south end of a north bound mule. I owe her so much. It was never lost on me that she was doing my job. I am three weeks sober now and I pray God to remain that way.

E-

Comment

Working...
    X