Guilty (as all Hell)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guilty (as all Hell)

Mentally and emotionally unstable. Drunk. Alone. Pregnant with my first child, at the age of 39yrs. And probably shouldn't be, with my "history". Poor little Bubba. I'm ashamed of myself beyond words. I am SOOOOOO fricken selfish. I take care of my 11yr old cat, better than my "Little Peanut-with arms and legs" (ie. 14 week old growing blob).:new:

Guilty (as all Hell)

Welcome Catty! :l

Well, then... *rolling up sleeves*... we've got some work to do, hm? Guilt isn't going to change anything or get us anywhere... but the peanut with arms & legs deserves a fighting chance... I'd say a whole heap of determination is needed here!

You say mentally and emotionally unstable. A matter of perspective, my dear. You are here to help yourself out of this mess... that's hardly mentally unstable Emotionally... heck, who IS stable?

Alone? Pffffhhhh. NOT. You're here now Seriously, you are NOT alone. There are incredibly caring, wise people here (present company excluded) here at ALL hours of the day/night.

Selfish? Yes, AL tends to render us that way. And now, you get to be even more selfish by taking back your life, your sobriety, and in turn, you'll help peanut, too. A 3-4-1 deal.. don't you just love a bargain?

Ok... first things first... are you drinking today? If so.. then STOP. Start guzzling water, tea, ANYTHING, but alcohol. Have you eaten? (No, not candy.. REAL food?)

Then... are you thinking about getting/reading the MWO book? It's an easy read and an eye-opener (just wrote that to Foxtrott). You also should visit the Toolbox and we'd love to hear more from you in the Newbie's Nest.

Again.. welcome... and let's take care of you and peanut, ok?
    Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Guilty (as all Hell)

Totally agree with sunshine.

Guilt is the most destructive force in the universe and will not help you at all. This little peanut has chosen you, yes you for its mother for reasons known to its soul.

This is going to be a very special baby and you and baby are going to love each other. As sunshine says you are not alone there are wonderful warm people here for you.

:welcome:
      I love you, I'm sorry, please forgive me, thank you.

Comment

Guilty (as all Hell)

Hi Catty and Welcome!

You've received great advice already, please take it!
        We truly would love to get to know you, allow us to be your extended family.
        Please stop drinking now, let's give that baby a fighting chance at life.

Wishing you strength,
        Lavande
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Guilty (as all Hell)

I agree with the others. Google Foetal Alcohol Syndrome.
          I'll do whatever it takes
          AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Guilty (as all Hell)

Your baby is a gift. There is a reason that "lil peanut" came to you. Please don't drink...the lil nub may be the next Einstein or Michael Phelps or Carrie Underwood...who knows!

Everything I need is within me!

Comment

Guilty (as all Hell)

There is only one thing worse than trying to get sober, and that is being pregnant and trying to get sober.
              You have to try tho, for the sake of 'peanut'. ....Just a day at a time. And as those days pass, your 'bump' will be growing, and hopefully give you the strength to keep going.
              It's not going to be easy, your' battling raging hormones too.
              Thinking of you.
              Lead me not into temptation, I can find the way myself!!!

Comment

Guilty (as all Hell)

Catty - all good advice & words of wisdom!

Except I do think Guilt has a function: to make us feel bad enough to change so we won't feel that way again! You wouldn't feel guilty if you didn't care.

So now that we know that you CARE, you sound like you may need some help. If you don't have family or friends to support you, at least call an agency or someplace like AA who will help you through this.

There may even be supplements that could help you (and not hurt baby) with your urge to drink... There's a whole section on supplements on this site. You could ask in that area if there are any that are ok to take if pregnant?

Please let us know how you're doing. You have a lot of JOY ahead of you!
                Sometimes you have to take the leap and build your wings on the way down... Anais Nin

Comment

Guilty (as all Hell)

Welcome Catty!
                  You've already been given excellent advice -- just wanted to add my support and help you up by the bra-straps.
                  "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Guilty (as all Hell)

A big :welcome: catty,you will have great support & help here,keep in touch.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                    I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Guilty (as all Hell)

Welcome

Hi Catty,

Welcome and thank you for posting. I agree with all the advice and the support that everyone has given you, so please stay strong. You have been so blessed and wow I agree, there is definitely a reason why this happened to you.....a great reason! However, I know how hard it can be and so you came to the right place because we ALL know what you are going through, pregnant or not, with kids or not, stable or not, whatever...we all fight this battle and alot of us have beat it and some of us are still fighting (myself included), no matter how many times we fall, we just brush ourselves off and get back on that wagon, well at least that's what I am doing. Not giving up, no way. With a strong will, we can overcome this "beast".

Keep posting and you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Big hugs,
                      Janet
                      AF Since May 2nd 2012

Comment

Guilty (as all Hell)

:welcome:
                        Hi Catty,
                        Can't add much to all the advice you've already got but well done for getting here.

It's a nice safe place, with loads of support.

Let us know how you're doing. I have my knitting needles on stand by.

In a few weeks your little peanut will be making his/her presence known.

Take care.

Love Jackie xxxx

AF since 7/7/2009
                        It could be worse, I could be filing.
                        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Guilty (as all Hell)

:welcome:Catty - please join us all. I'm new here too catty (3 days sober) n I really think this site is helping me tremendously. Lots of friendly people with masses of good advice. Please try to stop drinking n be nice to yourself n "little peanut" - you got each other now - aint that a good enough reason?:h

Comment

Guilty (as all Hell)

Catty

Welcome

It's time to put on your big girl pants. In 6 months time you are going to become a mother. This will change your life beyond anything you can imagine. This baby will depend on you for everything and it deserves a sober mum.

Now is the time to get your act together and stop drinking and start eating healthily. If you drink enough to damage this child you will regret it every day for the rest of your life. It's not too late to turn this around. So make today the day you stop and start looking forward to what is to come. Yes motherhood scary and hard work but it is also fantastic and rewarding.

Now I know it's easier said than done to simply stop drinking but you have a great motivation to stop. If you are drinking heavily you should get your doctor's help, there is medication available to help and as you are pregnant medical advise is important before taking anything including suppliments. This site is very supportive and you will find lots of good ideas under the toolbox thread in monthly abstinance forum.

I wish you well and urge you to be strong for the sake of your baby.
                            If alcohol made you happy I should be the happiest person alive! I'm not.

Comment

Guilty (as all Hell)

Sunshine .... I LOVE the way you express yourself. So inspirational, motivational, empowering.... ETC.

Catty ... ((hugs)) ... I can't add anything to the great responses you have already received. Just remember, you're not alone here. We'll get you through this. Use any resources you have at your disposal .... there is help out there that you may not even have thought of yet.... the medical community, women's support groups, pregnancy / parenting resources, other counselling, the internet, family, friends ... anything. Use it .. use us. You can turn this around ... and turn it into something GREAT.
                              AF for two years. Slight relapse. Working on it at the moment.

Comment

Working...
                              X