Day 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 1

:new: I have been reading the blogs and messages here on and off for a wee while now. I bought one of the kits a few weeks ago and have started taking the supplements today.

I am a 36 professional woman living on her own my drinking does not affect my work etc but I can drink a bottle plus of wine or 6 long drinks with mixers gin. I want to cut down and be a moderate drinker one or two a night and even try and avoid drinking during the week if I can.

I can't share this challenge that I have with friends and don't want to go to AA and am hopeful that this program will work for me.

I know I should be doing this with medical supervision and probably will ask my doctor at some point. My initial plan is just to take the supplements as recommended.

I have a couple of queries which I would really appreciate anyone's feedback on. Is the Calms Forte safe enough to take during the day if you are driving.

I also had childhood epilepsy and am not sure if I can use the Hypnosis CD that comes with the kit.

lease:
    Thanks in advance

Marjorie

Day 1

:welcome: moneypenny to a wonderful community who will surely help & support you,there is a good moderation thread here that you can join.goodluck:goodjob:

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
    I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Day 1

Welcome Penny! So glad you found us and decided to post!

To be honest, the calms forte really don't do squat for me, day or night! :H
      As for the hypno cds ... you probably should talk to your doctor about that. If you don't feel comfortable bringing the AL issue into it just yet, just say they are relaxation cds.

Again, welcome... you've come to a very good, safe place. But, you probably already know that if you've lurked on the board for a while
      Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Day 1

Welcome MoneyPenny:-)
        Have you read the book "My Way Out" yet?
        I found it really helped me to get my plan together and decide if/what meds and supps I would be incorporating into my journey.
        "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Day 1

Welcome Moneypenny, I haven't tried the calms, so can't comment on that. I do find hypno cds helpful.

Comment

Day 1

I posted too quickly. I think if you had epilepsy as a child you should be ok to use cds now, would be worth checking with your gp though. I personally can't moderate I have to abstain, if you can manage to moderate I wish you well.
            Paula.

Comment

Day 1

Thanks all for your comments and welcome messages.

Comment

Day 1

hello! Well, you sound exactly like me. I'm 42, professional, work at home mom. I'm getting into massage therapy and aroma therapy and honestly never really thought my drinking was a problem, as my entire family drinks wine daily, it was normal for me. The problem is, now that i'm moving into a new phase in my life, drinking just doesn't seem to fit and I seem to be having a really hard time giving it up, which shocks me. I quit smoking cigarettes .......why can't I put down the wine? So, today is my day one as well. I just now logged on and found the website. I know a lot about herbs and remember a lot of them listed on her sight are extremely helpful. I guess it's time I put that knowledge to use. I'm sweating as I write this, but I know this is the appropriate path for me, now. I wish you the very best!
                KEB
                "Do not prolong your suffering by resisting that which is." some brilliant yogi that I read long ago.

Comment

Day 1

:welcome:
                  Hi Moneypenny and KEB,

Just a quick hello one as my computer keeps crashing (lord knows why.)

Good safe place you've found here. Great people, good advice.

Just keep the posts. SHOUT if you need help.

Good place to start is Newbies Nest.

Remember we're all in the same rocky boat.

Look forward to getting to know you.

Jackie xxx

AF (alcohol free) since 7/7/2009
                  It could be worse, I could be filing.
                  AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Day 1

Thanks all for the notes.

Jackie thanks for the note its much appreciated.

I will look at your suggestion on newbies nest.

Keb I need to stop smoking as well what did you do - good luck in this as well.

Comment

Working...
                    X