Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hit the wall

Hi All,
    Day 12 AF, thank god. Hit the wall last night at the store, started thinking one glass of wine, the lady next to me had those little one drink bottles...I thought no one would know, then I thought of all of you:thanks::thanks::thanks:,my family and my commitment to myself...still get out of the store ASAP. Got on the chat for first time, helped tons, got great advice, was able to vent, took advice, went for long walk with dog(which I never could have done while drinking...told my husband the truth, even gave him my car keys and wallet. I swore I would do whatever it took...even if it sucking it up and giving my keys and money, credits etc. away...to save myself. He was surprised but very understanding...made it thru and actually slept(was awake 48 hours straight prior). I guess my first 11 days were the honeymoon period. Some said it get easier...I hope so.
    Thanks again for all you posts, I spend 2 hours re-reading, last night to keep me strong.
    Love Gail

hit the wall

:wd:

Bloody well done, Gail!!!!!!! SO very proud of you!
    The first time you really have to jump that hurdle, it seems almost not doable... but, it DOES get better!
    Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

hit the wall

Good job, Gail!!

I am hearing the voice myself RIGHT NOW. You've inspired me to do whatever it takes to not give in!

Thanks!

Comment

hit the wall

How wonderful- you're doing great
        Recovery Coaching website

"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." - Carl Bard wl:

Recovery Videos

Comment

hit the wall

well done resolved.it will get better

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
          I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Working...
          X