ODAT - Friday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ODAT - Friday

I missed out on Thursdays thread so I'm starting this one nice and early - like 4am early!!! The dog got me up with her squeaking and then I went back to bed and thought of all the stuff I need to be gettting on with so here I am. One of the things I am doing is an online shopping order for next week - lots of entertaining planned as we owe so many people meals and have our holiday cottage to ourselves for the week so that is the time to do it, plus we have a couple of friends coming up to stay.

It'll be a tricky week but along with the wine I'm ordering lots of fruit juice alternatives, will make sure there is plenty of ice inthe fridge to cool them and have planned a couple of early morning rides with friends - an incentive not to drink too much the night before.

Also, I've got out of the habit of drinking while cooking (as it all tends to go to pot - lovely first course, slightly haphazard main course and just slop the pudding on the table!! :H) so I will keep that in mind and have a glass of juice and water to hand all the time.

But that's next week - this is today. Today I have lots to do and need to be up and away early on Saturday so today I will be AF.

Love to all.

Bessie xx

ODAT - Friday

ODATERS!!!

I'm on my way to bed :H as it has been an unusually late night for me.

Let's shoot for good vibes again today for greenie as EO didn't look at the statement, much less sign it. I in turn, send good vibes, love & support to you all in your quest for your goal TODAY. Friday. That's all we have to concern ourselves with - just this day. And ice. You brits and your ice. That is the oddest thing. "Pants! We're out of ice!" :H
    sigpic
    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

ODAT - Friday

Hiya everyone.
      FIRST OF ALL I JUST LIKE TO THANK YOU FOR PUTTING UP WITH ME THIS WEEK AND THANKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT AND IN PUT... i know ive been feeling down those lasts fews days.:l to all of you.x it does help coming on here reading other peoples posts.
      It was busy in work yesterday seems like everyone stocking -up on there AL for the weekend and bank Holiday monday lol i bet it end up raining. can never trust the brits weather or the forecast. Anyway i've booked myself up for overtime (not too many hours because if i get tired my mind works in mischievous way) not a bad think just so it will not seem like a long weekend.
      Bessie you put a smile on my face..:jumpwow: 4am im still in a deep sleep, the pudding thing that something i would do as well or burn the roast potatoes.
      Greenie..sorry to hear about your friend.:l got to say ive been to too many funerals. it funny when ever i see a bad accident on the road or a funeral car i always do the sign of the cross out of respect.....sweet dreams greenie see u tomorrrow morning no sorry tomorrow night... you know what i mean!! thanx for the vibes.
      Blue sky have a nice holiday good for you not drinking b4 your flight....

Right my saying goes like this....Be good, if you can't be good, be careful, if you can't be careful, JUST BE SOBER....Have a good weekend to all of you's .x
      Formerly known as Teardrop:l
      sober dry since 11th Jan '2010' relapse/slip on 23/7/13 working in progress ! Sober date 25/7/13 ( True learning has often followed an eclipse, a time of darkness, but with each cycle of my recovery, the light grows stronger and my vision is clearer. (AA)
      my desire to avoid hitting bottom again was more powerful then my desire to drink !

Comment

ODAT - Friday

Good morning/day/evening ODATers,

Greenie, I am thinking about you. So sorry about your friend and very irritated with EO. Hang in there. Time to pull the BGPs out of the closet.

Bessie, You made me laugh about the drinking and cooking progression. Been there, done that. Sometimes to my huge guilt. I have ruined family gatherings many times because of my drunkeness.

Catch22, Staying busy is good but avoid getting too stressed. Stress is a big trigger for me, for sure.

I get to go home some time today and am looking forward to it. It is a six hour drive through some rather boring countryside but at the other end of the trip is my family.

Have a successful ODAT day!
        Cindi
        AF April 9, 2016

Comment

ODAT - Friday

Hello all odat folk.
          i am odat.
          today i will not drink. its been a struggle lately but i still have 15 af days in august. Greenie sorry about your struggles you are such an inspiration to me. bessie its great to have you bright and early . cindi always wonderful to hear your sweet voice offering gentle advice
          and catch nice to meet you
          lots of love rudemama

Comment

ODAT - Friday

Hello Bessie greenie catch and all who follow. Another af day for me. To all in the UK have a nice bank holiday weekend. This is a difficult to stay af as everyone seems to be stocking up on booze like its goin to run out lol! Plus buying stiff for the barbeque like its going to be a sunny weekend. We had ours at the beginning of august so just an regular weekend here apart from a music festival on saturday and sunday which i will go to but not drink al just bring water or soft drink. Got some cleaning to finish here then chill later in front of tv. Its windy here with a mix of sun and showers.

Comment

ODAT - Friday

Hi guys,

Been struggling the past couple of days - not loaded or anything, just continually having a beer in my hands. Started after baseball on Tuesday (these sports things make it hard!)

Anyway, I am convinced to be AF today. I need to get back on track as I had a phenominal start to the month so I know that I can keep it moving. I have a nice relaxing weekend planned and I am really looking forward to some rest.

Hope everyone has a great day!
              Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
              :h

Comment

ODAT - Friday

Happy Friday to all! I see some of you struggle a bit. I'm not even tempted. Planning a late afternoon sushi "snack" with the spouse tonight. We'll go to a high-rise view restaurant at 4:30 and they have a great sushi plate that's good enough for dinner. By going early we'll get a good table and not have to deal with a crowded restaurant. It will be happy hour, but I'll be happy with some water.

My vacation starts in one week and 4 hours. Woowoo. Ten days in Japan. Not going to drink on vacation either. Too much to do and I don't want to waste even a few hours recovering.

May everyone take a step in their chosen direction today.

Comment

ODAT - Friday

Good evening everyone, af for me today. Hope everyone achieves their goals. I also have memories of family meals that I have spoiled because of my drinking. Hopefully not again.

Comment

ODAT - Friday

Happy Friday, Odaters!

Day 21 and counting (whatever for, I wonder?) - definitely AF for me today!
                    Busy weekend ahead, no time to misbehave there, either

Just got back from physio.... *ugggh am I sore. Sucks getting old!

Have a grand day and weekend everyone... Uni, hon... why don't you hop on the 7.5day pact?
                    Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Working...
                    X