This is it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is it

I have been on this site so many times over the past couple of years and have now hit rock bottom. Have been drinking for the past week non-stop and my family is done with it. My parents and husband want me to go to a rehab clinic but I don't really want to. Have done thirty days AF previously and now have a goal for six months minimum. Need help, advise and support. thanking you all in advance.
    Luba
    AF since 26 August 2009- and loving it!!

This is it

Hi Luba, welcome back. Only you can decide whether a rehab clinic is right for you. Your parents or your husband can't make the decision for you, only you can make the decision. When YOU decide to be alcohol free the rehab clinic will be there to help.
    Wally22:confusedmonkey::confusedmonkey::confusedmo nkey:
    If I don't want to brag but I can still wear the earings I wore in highschool
    November 2, 2012

Comment

This is it

Hi Luba!
      Would you like to join me for the first 30 days AF? I am on Day 7..but it's always a struggle!
      Plus there are some of us doing it in 'bite-sized chunks' of 7 days at a time!join us!
      chicken

Comment

This is it

Hi luba

I'm afraid i cant offer many words of wisdom.. i'm just like you ive been hopping off and on to this website for the last couple of years fighting my addiction, one minute i think ive got it sorted and te next... whoops its all gone a bit pear shaped. though i reckon theres a pretty damn good reason we keep finding ourselves back here and that is because its such a good site so my advice would be to stick around here cos theres always someone to talk to and so much help.

love and strength to you

shelley xxxxxxxx

Comment

This is it

Hi, no words of wisdom here either. I'm still a newbie on Day 9 and committed to an AF weekend. For me, I agree, taking it in small chunks has helped. Six months or even 30 days seems so overwhelming to me. There is a great supportive thread for those who want to make a 7.5 day commitment. I'll definitely be checking in a lot this weekend, so hope to see you again.

Comment

This is it

Sending you all strength and positive thoughts. Believe me, if I can do it (I'm somewhere around 4 months sober now after 15-20 years of rabid winosity), you surely can, too! It's a great feeling, and it really helps when you're taking the leap with someone from here who's doing it at the same time. I wish you well!
            "If you fell down yesterday, get up today." -- H.G. Wells

Comment

This is it

Luba;703976 wrote: I have been on this site so many times over the past couple of years and have now hit rock bottom. Have been drinking for the past week non-stop and my family is done with it. My parents and husband want me to go to a rehab clinic but I don't really want to. Have done thirty days AF previously and now have a goal for six months minimum. Need help, advise and support. thanking you all in advance.
              Luba
              Why do we do this? Self medicate is what it is.
              Life is hard when we drink too much.
              Never do i want rehab again.

sending you strength and huggs. :l
              An Improved Ripple. :monalisa:

Comment

This is it

I to have been off and on this site for a long time. However, just the fact that I keep trying means something to me. And I have been AF for up to 50 or 60 days in the past. I am starting today and mean to be AF starting today and for the month of September. I hope I can do it. Just keep trying and don't give up. This is a journey that we are all on.
                Redhibiscus

Comment

Working...
                X