Well dang it anyway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well dang it anyway

Here I am again with the worst hangover. Life is not good for this little lady this morning. Why in the world do I drink to oblivion?

Well dang it anyway

I asked myself the same thing this morning. I am struggling to feel O.K. and clean my house. We drink to excess because we have a problem? an allergy? a habit? I don't know. I have always had a hard time having one or two drinks. That first drink sets off something in me - a craving - that combined with the alcohol and losing my judgement, sets me up to overdo it.

The only solution for me is to quit completely. However, I just feel like I have to set smaller goals for myself - like don't drink today. Tomorrow will be taken care of tomorrow. I do plan on quitting starting today and the month of September. Want to join me?
    Redhibiscus

Comment

Well dang it anyway

Are we twins? I feel the same way. I would love to join you.

Comment

Well dang it anyway

Great. I will look for your posts. Day one starts today.
        Redhibiscus

Comment

Well dang it anyway

Hi sparkle,

I would like to invite you to join us on the 'Newbies Nest' thread. I have already invited hibiscus!
          There are lots of folks there just starting, you can share your tips, ideas, progress.

You really need a strong desire and a good plan to succeed.
          Learning to distract yourself when your thoughts turn to AL is priceless.
          Changing your habits & routines is very helpful.
          Most of all, you have to want to be sober more than you want to drink.

It's all possible, lots have done it. Hang in there
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Well dang it anyway

'This too shall Pass', I usually remeber this saying at some point during a crappy day and it does truly lift my spirits.
            Wishing you both a sober month and beyond...here's a AF cheers to you!!
            I am Perfectly Imperfect!

Comment

Well dang it anyway

Hi Sparkle!
              Our friendly nester Sooty is driving our sobriety bus over here in the Newbies Nest.Lots of fun, support, coffee,chocolate,pizza and whatever else tinkles your fancy in this bus..plus, plush seats of your choice!
              Join us for the ride!
              Chicken

Comment

Working...
              X