Welcome to Fight Club- September Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello. If you are reading this then you must be considering making a few changes regarding alcohol. Many of us are at different stages in this struggle, but our problem is the same. We should try to support eachother and share information in order to accomplish our goals. That is how we came up with the idea of fight club. We want to be open to newcomers and old friends alike so we do not have to feel alone in this. Welcome, and please join us for the month of September!
    Liath

Thanks Liath for your thread. I would love to join you as I am still struggling my addiction.Since finding MWO I have been able to reduce my intake considerably.But, I still have along way to go and need lots of support.Its ODAT for me, no big commitments yet. MWO has made me more aware that I do have a problem with al . I have tried to moderate but it doesn't work.I just have to stop completely.Tonight I was so close to opening a bottle of wine so I came to MWO and the craving has now gone.Look forward to posting with you and I hope I can offer suggestions along the way.:thanks:

Comment

Liath, If you want to pls PM me. I need a buddy desperately:thanks:

Comment

I want to join the fight club too...I have been fighting to stop drinking and get control of my life for a long time. My current goal is to make September an AF month. I also have done much better since signing on to MWO, but even once or twice a week drinking is too much after 30 years of drinking. The cravings will hit in late afternoon so if I can make it till 7:00 p.m. I am O.K. Today, ODAT AF. I am hoping to give and get support on our journey.
        Redhibiscus

Comment

red, That pretty wells sums it up. I have been an al for 30yrs and now drink 2 maybe 3 times a week. But I know that its far to much for me. I am an alcoholic that is desperate to become sober for ever.:thanks:.

Comment

Lets keep close on the September fight club.ODAT:thanks:

Comment

Thanks Liath and Red. Will post tomorrow:thanks:. ( From OZ)

Comment

I am on board for the September Fight Club. This is my Day 1. Using meds to control the craving. And, the whole MWO program. Want to be AF for September:new:

Comment

I too usually avoid making these committments because I hate failing. Then I thought to myself well if Idon't stand up and at least give it my all to fight AL for 30 days then that is a failure (for me).

Soooo here's to September 1st and 30 days AF. Looking forward to the journey with you all.
                  "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

i am new to this and am glad to find it. am struggling to get even one day right now but am staying sober today i hope.

Comment

spacebebe, congrats on your decision. hang around here when you are feeling weak later in the day and read, post, whatever it takes to get you through. The first few are tough, but do-able. And then each day gets to be a little less of a struggle. I know you can do it!

I made it through august with just 6 days less than a month AF and plan on making September completely AF.

I'M IN!
                      AF/SF - November 23, 2014

Comment

Hello one and all. I'm hungover - drank last night, thinking, "I'll start in September" I'm so damn scared. Have taken the Baclofen and supps, this morning, am shaky from last night, and feeling geared-up for September.

thanks for starting the thread, Liath, and let's get going for a great month!
                        Woman takes a drink, drink takes a drink, drink takes a woman.

Comment

AWF seeking long term membership!

Good morning, Oldies (Liath, that's you and me) and Newbies alike! :H

Fight we will and victory shall be ours! (insert roman war hero here...)
                          Wonderful of all of you to make this commitment! We've discussed earlier on how strange it is that we have no 2nd thought about breaking a commitment to ourselves, but hate to disappoint someone else.

So, let's not disappoint anyone here... let's DO IT!
                          Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

My goal is to be AF for September. Labor day weekend is going to be a challenge - camping with the family and so will not have access to MWO and the support here. But I will be thinking of all of you....and wanting to report back that I succeeded.

Sunshine - I've been meaning to tell you that I love your signature line!

Welcome Newbies! Lots of support here - and glad that you are taking the first steps!
                            ODAT!

Comment

count me in
                              :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
                              best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Working...
                              X